Codes for Structural Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eng9900

Reaction score
Hello,

I reviewed the NCEES structural depth exam specifications and I have the correct version for most of the required codes, except NDS and TMS. I have NDS 2012 and TMS 2016 and the Specification asks for NDS 2015 and TMS 2013. Anyone knows if the differences are significant enough for me to have to purchase the correct versions?

Thank you

There was 1-2 exam questions on Wood and Masonry when I took the exam, but I don't think the version change on the standards will affect you significantly.  I actually brought in an older copy of AISC Steel Manual (Black Book, 2005) and still passed. 

Good Luck!

There was 1-2 exam questions on Wood and Masonry when I took the exam, but I don't think the version change on the standards will affect you significantly.  I actually brought in an older copy of AISC Steel Manual (Black Book, 2005) and still passed. 

Good Luck!
Thanks. Did you need both ASCE and IBC or was ASCE sufficient?

Thanks. Did you need both ASCE and IBC or was ASCE sufficient?
ASCE was definitely useful.  I didn't end up opening IBC during the actual exam, but there were a couple of questions during practice exams where I had to look them up from IBC.  The practice exam in Giancaspro I think, was asking about some geotech parameters and/or masonry retaining wall - the parameter was only available in IBC.

Back