AEI (new EET) course issues

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StandardPractice

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with AEI and the new website? I'm signed up for the on-demand lateral portion of the course and I can't see where any of the previous course videos are located. Wondering if anyone else is having similar issues or am I looking in the wrong location?

Try emailing the instructor Dr. Ibrahim. There's been a few people having trouble finding things with the new layout and such. I have the live courses, so I'm not sure if the same interface is available to you as it is for me, but there should be a tab for "Content"

image.png

Also, make sure you're using the "AEI Connect" portal.
Where do you see the AEI Connect portal?

My interface looks different than what you posted (which is what I remember it looking like last course), see below:

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
never mind I figured it out, they were using my email from paypal and not the email I used to actually register for the course. I was missing a few correspondence emails

This happened to me when I created a Profile on aie-california.com and registered for the Vertical Course yesterday. Apparently, if you register with one email address (in my case my Work Email) and pay with a PayPal Account linked to a different email address (in my case a Personal Gmail account), they register you with the email address linked to your PayPal Account and let the confusion begin from there. 

I received a “New enrolment in SE Vertical Webinars” at my work email address and the following at my Gmail email address: 1) Request for “shipping address and the afternoon depth you are taking (Building or Bridge)” so that the class binder could be shipped. [Not this email went to my spam folder instead of the inbox] 2) Adobe Connect - Account Information with user name (i.e. Gmail address) and initial password.

As far as I can tell AEI does not mention anything on their website that there may be an issue as described above when paying with a PayPal account linked to email address other that that used when crating your profile on aie-california.com. The lesson here that if your PayPal account email address does not match the email address you used for your aie-california.com profile, then you would be better off checking out as a guest with PayPay instead on logging into your PayPal account.  This would ensure that all communications from AEI go to a single email address, to avoid confusion and mis-communication.

After I figured all the above out, I was able to send AEI a request to consolidate everything under my work email address. AEI had to resent my username for the Adobe Connect Portal and send me a request to resent my password. AEI addressed my request in within several hours, which I greatly appreciated. Now that I have figured out what was going on and got everything consolidated under a single email address,  I hope thing go smoothly going forward.

This happened to me when I created a Profile on aie-california.com and registered for the Vertical Course yesterday. Apparently, if you register with one email address (in my case my Work Email) and pay with a PayPal Account linked to a different email address (in my case a Personal Gmail account), they register you with the email address linked to your PayPal Account and let the confusion begin from there. 

I received a “New enrolment in SE Vertical Webinars” at my work email address and the following at my Gmail email address: 1) Request for “shipping address and the afternoon depth you are taking (Building or Bridge)” so that the class binder could be shipped. [Not this email went to my spam folder instead of the inbox] 2) Adobe Connect - Account Information with user name (i.e. Gmail address) and initial password.

As far as I can tell AEI does not mention anything on their website that there may be an issue as described above when paying with a PayPal account linked to email address other that that used when crating your profile on aie-california.com. The lesson here that if your PayPal account email address does not match the email address you used for your aie-california.com profile, then you would be better off checking out as a guest with PayPay instead on logging into your PayPal account.  This would ensure that all communications from AEI go to a single email address, to avoid confusion and mis-communication.

After I figured all the above out, I was able to send AEI a request to consolidate everything under my work email address. AEI had to resent my username for the Adobe Connect Portal and send me a request to resent my password. AEI addressed my request in within several hours, which I greatly appreciated. Now that I have figured out what was going on and got everything consolidated under a single email address,  I hope thing go smoothly going forward.
That's what I should have done, checked out as a guest. Suppose there is always growing pains with any transition 

Back