Just Submitted My Experience to NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I submitted mine on Dec 19th, and my boss got an email yesterday that it was ready for his review. 

I kind of started the NCEES Record. But my direct supervisor was out. And it involved dealing with my college so I gave up and will start again in the next week or two

That would make sense, given your current location.  :D
I got all the references, but now waiting on the work experience. I copied the project work I originally put on my FL application, but NCEES said I needed more detail. Funny how it passed the FBPE review, but not the NCEES review. So I expanded upon it today and resubmitted. 

I got all the references, but now waiting on the work experience. I copied the project work I originally put on my FL application, but NCEES said I needed more detail. Funny how it passed the FBPE review, but not the NCEES review. So I expanded upon it today and resubmitted. 
I tried to provide stupid amounts of detail, but who knows if that'll be sufficient, or if there will be some other, different details that they want to see.

:dunno:

There's a handful of us who have to do it for initial licensure. *cries*
Did you have to apply to anyone to take the exam?

I think I'd rather apply to a state board afterwards. I had to apply in FL beforehand, and I didn't get approved for the exam until Aug 21st. I had purchased all my materials and started studying before I even knew if I was approved for the exam.

I tried to provide stupid amounts of detail, but who knows if that'll be sufficient, or if there will be some other, different details that they want to see.

:dunno:
In case anyone is reading this in the future, this is what NCEES told me to provide:

a. Include specific project details such as name, location, structure type, structure size, regulation compliance, project dates, and size of project.
b. Discuss your specific role in project design, implementation, and/or operation for each project. It is helpful to use phrases such as “I designed …”, “I calculated …”, “I developed …”, etc.

I submitted all my transcripts/references/experience on 12/16. They must have sent out the review to my supervisors around Christmas time. My last supervisor confirmed on 12/30 and I sent my application to the state board (NC) the same day. Called the board this morning to confirm they received everything. The receptionist mentioned I should hear back (hopefully) by the 17th.

Did you have to apply to anyone to take the exam?

I think I'd rather apply to a state board afterwards. I had to apply in FL beforehand, and I didn't get approved for the exam until Aug 21st. I had purchased all my materials and started studying before I even knew if I was approved for the exam.
Just pay NCEES. Colorado makes you read a thing that says you swear you have your 4 years of experience before you sit for the exam. 

In case anyone is reading this in the future, this is what NCEES told me to provide:

a. Include specific project details such as name, location, structure type, structure size, regulation compliance, project dates, and size of project.
b. Discuss your specific role in project design, implementation, and/or operation for each project. It is helpful to use phrases such as “I designed …”, “I calculated …”, “I developed …”, etc.
Yeah, mine's probably coming back... But for point a., not point b.

I wish there was a "save as draft" option. So I don't have to keep retyping things.

I'm saving it to my desktop with the prompts now but still annoyed.

My hope is to just have my VT license but I wanna have NCEES records ready for when The Company says I must have others 

Back