Hello looking for advice...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howdy_

Reaction score
I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and I wanted to finally create an account and say Hi. I am signed up for my first PE Civil - Transportation exam in Apr2020. 

After reading a lot of the topics on prep, I have decide to go for EET for both Breadth and Transportation Depth. Unfortunately, EET Breadth Webinar class is full and I have to go with a On-Demand videos. Is there anything I would need to change in my prep for get the best out of the On-Demand portion?  

I graduated with a Masters almost 10 years ago and want to ask for advice from folks who have had a considerable gap before the PE exam. I was thinking about an on-site classroom review course, but after considering that fact that I would be potentially be driving 1hr for every session, I think a live webinar or On Demand course will save me the travel time and energy. What do you guys think?

EB has been a great resource and wanted to thanks everyone contributing. 

I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and I wanted to finally create an account and say Hi. I am signed up for my first PE Civil - Transportation exam in Apr2020. 

After reading a lot of the topics on prep, I have decide to go for EET for both Breadth and Transportation Depth. Unfortunately, EET Breadth Webinar class is full and I have to go with a On-Demand videos. Is there anything I would need to change in my prep for get the best out of the On-Demand portion?  

I graduated with a Masters almost 10 years ago and want to ask for advice from folks who have had a considerable gap before the PE exam. I was thinking about an on-site classroom review course, but after considering that fact that I would be potentially be driving 1hr for every session, I think a live webinar or On Demand course will save me the travel time and energy. What do you guys think?

EB has been a great resource and wanted to thanks everyone contributing. 
Welcome. I did their on demand course. It is exactly the same but just from previous cycle. Only thing you need to do, with the on demand videos, is to create a schedule and stick to it. I personally like the on demand option because it helps me be flexible with when I want to listen and also lets me skip stuff I know and slow down for stuff which was new to me. 

@Howdy_, are you taking the live webinar for the depth section? If so, I would probably tie my on-demand course participation in with the live webinar schedule. For example, if the live webinar is on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings, then you could do the on-demand sessions on Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Obviously, you'd need to schedule it in whatever way works for you, but that's probably about how I'd plan it, if I was in your own shoes. The most important thing is probably to do the practice problems, and you'll need to get those into your schedule, anyway.

FYI, I didn't take a review course, but did manage to pass on the first go with self-study. 😁

Welcome. I did their on demand course. It is exactly the same but just from previous cycle. Only thing you need to do, with the on demand videos, is to create a schedule and stick to it. I personally like the on demand option because it helps me be flexible with when I want to listen and also lets me skip stuff I know and slow down for stuff which was new to me. 
Thanks. I understand that I will have access to the new videos too once they are recorded. 

@Howdy_, are you taking the live webinar for the depth section? If so, I would probably tie my on-demand course participation in with the live webinar schedule. For example, if the live webinar is on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings, then you could do the on-demand sessions on Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Obviously, you'd need to schedule it in whatever way works for you, but that's probably about how I'd plan it, if I was in your own shoes. The most important thing is probably to do the practice problems, and you'll need to get those into your schedule, anyway.

FYI, I didn't take a review course, but did manage to pass on the first go with self-study. 😁
Thanks. I am working on creating a schedule. I have not bought them yet.

Back