Does SE (IL) works in MO?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSY

Reaction score
Hi you all awesome structural engineer,

I am a SE in IL. I am planning to move to St Louis in the summer. Does my SE license works in MO or I need to take a PE exam to have a PE license for MO?

Thank you so much and Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi you all awesome structural engineer,

I am a SE in IL. I am planning to move to St Louis in the summer. Does my SE license works in MO or I need to take a PE exam to have a PE license for MO?

Thank you so much and Happy New Year!
KSY,

You may want to check with the MO board, but as far as I know if you haven't taken and passed the 8-hour NCEES PE Civil exam, in MO you may not be able to get a PE license. I say that because in Kansas although they do not recognize the SE license they allow you to seat for the 16-hour SE exams, and if you pass they issue you the PE Civil license. So my guess is since in MO they do not offer the SE exam, you will probably need to take the 8-hour PE exam. I think either way you should do that as many states to get an SE they are requiring you get the PE first by passing the 8-hour NCEES PE exam. 

You should be able to apply to the state board with your IL SE for reciprocity without having to sit the 8-hour exam. I know for certain this was true as of two years ago, but as STR_BR mentioned, it would be wise to confirm with the state board.

Back