What is the Best Christmas Movie

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best Christmas movie? (not necessarily your fav)

• Miracle on 34th Street

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its a Wonderful Life

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Elf

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Christmas Vacation

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A Christmas Story

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Home Alone

• Christmas with the Kranks

• Die Hard

• Gremlins

• Home Alone 2

• Scrooged (Bill Murray Version)

• Jingle All the Way

• The Santa Clause

• Bad Santa

• Jack Frost

• A Christmas Carol

• Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

• Joyeux Noel

• White Christmas

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
If there was only one Christmas movie I could watch every year it would have to be Christmas vacation, so that's what I voted for. It captures both the magic of Christmas you try to give your kids with the insanity of having family over for the holidays. 

773afa4655ef180478547884ac5cdde1.jpg

Sure Christmas Vacation is the movie I watch every Christmas.  But Die Hard is the Christmas movie that keeps on giving the WHOLE YEAR!

I never got the Die Hard as a Christmas movie thing until I heard about it on the internet. I liked it a lot, and saw it when it first released. Which was nowhere near Christmas.

I voted for Christmas Vacation. We watch it every year. Just watched it 2 nights ago with my son. Good stuff!

giphy.gif

How do you vote for anything other than "It's a Wonderful Life"?  We watched a couple nights ago and my 11 year old complained for about half the movie, but by the end even he was into it.  

Polar Express is a very close 2nd though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We really like Its a Wonderful life but to me its not a Christmas Movie per say?

I voted for Jingle All the Way, while I will always have a fond place for Christmas Vacation, I have horrid memories of trying to find a Nintendo GameCube and then later an Xbox 360? (Cant recall which version) but both of those were a bitch to find and while I didn't have Sinbad to help me on my quest it was both a miserable time and a moment of victory when finally landing both of those items! (So that movie hits the nail on the head for me).

I feel the same. It used to be tradition when I was growing up for my family to watch It's a Wonderful Life on New Year's Eve.

Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause, and A Christmas Story, and White Christmas were ones we grew up regularly watching around Christmas.

White Christmas, Wonderful Life, Grinch (the original, of course), Charlie Brown Christmas, Elf... I could go on.

Also the boys are REALLY into Polar Express. I’ve heard the hot chocolate song one too many times.

I don't have a personal favorite Christmas movie, per se. But when I was growing up, I really enjoyed watching the old claymation Christmas movies every year. I'm talking Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. I mean, who doesn't love the alternative Scrooge, BurgerMeister MeisterBurger?

out of curiosity, Home alone vs home alone 2? which one is better?

I don't have a personal favorite Christmas movie, per se. But when I was growing up, I really enjoyed watching the old claymation Christmas movies every year. I'm talking Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. I mean, who doesn't love the alternative Scrooge, BurgerMeister MeisterBurger?
I grew up with those, too. Just showed our kids Rudolph. They loved it.

My favorite in the series is probably the year without a Santa Claus.

Back