Texas PE license Requirements

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cgravity

Reaction score
I pass my Texas PE Civil(Structural) exam this October. I have a Bachelors and a master degree with 2 years 7 months of experience. I read on Texas PE website that a minimum of 4 years experience is required to get PE license in Texas. I know that for some other states Masters degree counts as one year of experience. Do we have the same requirement here in Texas ?

Yes  it does. I am pretty much in the same boat.  My 3-years exp dings next week.  I have submitted my application already last week.  Waiting now to see what happens.

Found the answer to this question in the FAQ's. Her is what it said:

Does research experience count toward engineering experience?

The Act allows one (1) year of engineering experience credit for each advanced degree (MS and Ph.D.) from an ABET accredited engineering degree program. Research associated with obtaining an advanced degree is not creditable; however, if the applicant worked as a researcher, independent of work toward a degree, this experience may count toward the years of creditable engineering experience. For more detail, please see board rule 133.43(3)(e).

I got a DUI on my criminal record that will show up.  Happened 10 years ago.  I have a few other dings  .  all misdemeanors and all were dismissed long time ago. 

ANybody have luck being approved with some dings a long time ago? KInd of nervous but we will see my application being processed.

I got a DUI on my criminal record that will show up.  Happened 10 years ago.  I have a few other dings  .  all misdemeanors and all were dismissed long time ago. 

ANybody have luck being approved with some dings a long time ago? KInd of nervous but we will see my application being processed.
I think the general consensus is to always disclose everything, even if you don't think you need to, and show how you utilized those incidents as life lessons.  I would love to know how this turns of for you. 

Best of luck!

I think the general consensus is to always disclose everything, even if you don't think you need to, and show how you utilized those incidents as life lessons.  I would love to know how this turns of for you. 

Best of luck!
Yea, I have disclosed it all to the best of my ability.  I also commented a few times on how that was a turning point in my life without beating a dead horse about it.  I will keep you posted because I had to revise my application and it is still in process.   

It would suck if they deny me, because I have spent the last 10 years working towards this.  I literally got the DUI within the first month of setting myself out for this journey.  Boy that was dumb, and now I have been on the straight and narrow path!

Yea, I have disclosed it all to the best of my ability.  I also commented a few times on how that was a turning point in my life without beating a dead horse about it.  I will keep you posted because I had to revise my application and it is still in process.   

It would suck if they deny me, because I have spent the last 10 years working towards this.  I literally got the DUI within the first month of setting myself out for this journey.  Boy that was dumb, and now I have been on the straight and narrow path!
Rooting for you!  Best of luck.  

Back