People selling copyrighted notes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titleistguy

Reaction score
Hopefully no one on here is, but if it is, you know who you are and I'm fairly certain there are copyright laws that would likely make the extra scratch you earn selling notes feel like small potatoes when compared to legal fees.

Just saying. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As a reminder, if you see anything like this going on, please report it! Moderators will then be alerted and can delete threads if need be.

Can I sell the codes, like ASCE7, IBC, ACI, AISC...? Are they also copyright protected in this case?

Can I sell the codes, like ASCE7, IBC, ACI, AISC...? Are they also copyright protected in this case?
I feel like if you're selling the physical code book it is probably OK. 

but if you're selling material that you signed an agreement not to sell when you got the material, that's not OK. 

I feel like if you're selling the physical code book it is probably OK. 

but if you're selling material that you signed an agreement not to sell when you got the material, that's not OK. 
Ah... I get it. That makes sense. Thx

Selling the book or a code straight up is fine, that's the premise of used book stores since forever...Id even argue selling the binder ( in my opinion isn't worth it to the buyer bc the class really is where the value is) but say if someone wanted to sell the physical binder and notes as a one off sale I wouldn't see that as a problem (unless under NDA or other arrangement not to).... But scanning and selling the notes is clearly a COPYright issue and illegal.  

I asked the guy if it's the full notes, pretending to be a buyer and he said yea he just scanned them and sends pdf.  So he's a scumbag...and I reported him to the site. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back