CA Seismic/Survey... some questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanCheckEng

Reaction score
I recently received a pass for the PE 8-hr exam.  I have some questions in regards to the CA Specific Exams.  Responses are much appreciated.

1) If I submit my application to BPELSG this week, is it likely that I will be able to sit for the Survey & Seismic exams in 1st quarter 2020 (Jan-Mar)?

2) Do results always come out at the same time each quarter?  I.e. I take the exam Jan. 1st or Feb. 29, would my results come out at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) No, it takes them a couple months to approve an application. 

2) Results come out for the individual months each quarter. For example, the results for all of test taken in January would come out at the same time in February. 

The board received my app early October and still no response. I’ve emailed and called and still no reply. I was hoping to get approved this quarter (Q4) so I may take the exams (Q1). 

A couple things:

1) Take the exams at the end of the month for more studying time and less wait time for results.

2) Don't take it in the last month of the quarter because if you fail you obviously won't re-file in time to take it in the next quarter (have to skip a quarter).

Back