Third time was the charm

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saul Good

Reaction score
I found out at 5:15 tonight that I passed the power exam on my third try.  I am in Louisiana and they were one of the last states to release today.  I really thought I was going to have to wait over night for results.  I made a 47/80 October 2018, 49/80 April 2019 and passed this time. I also took the FE exam in February 2018 and failed and in April 2018 and passed. So this was my 5th test within a two year window and I’m 11 plus years out of college.

I was really ready to give up after the April 2019 test.  But I decided to give it one more shot.  The difference this time is I took Zach Stones class.  I still thought I failed and really wasn’t excited about getting my results back.  But I think I was very close to passing both of the previous times and Zach’s course helped me get over the edge.  I found myself in the live classes picking up on little tid bits here and there that I was not doing correctly.  I also found that the way he taught 3 phase circuit analysis made it much easier. And I guess it was just enough to get me the Pass. Because one thing is certain, that test is fricken hard.  I really don’t have much advice except to take Zach’s class if you failed and do as many practice exams as you can.

This forum has been very helpful as well.  I will definitely stick around to help out where I can. 

Congrats to everyone who passed.  For those who didn’t it’s not the end of the world. I know it sucks.  And I would know after receiving multiple fails in the last 2 years but all I can say is don’t give up and keep trying.  For those still waiting for results I’m rooting for y’all.  

I'm in Zach's class right now. Taking the test first attempt this April and I am already studying 20 + hours a week. I absolutely love his teaching method and his website! Congrats on passing!!
@Zach Stone, P.E. His class is very good.  If you do all of the prerequisite assignments, homework, and attend the live classes it will build a solid foundation for passing the exam.  I cannot recommend his class high enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back