Electrical Power Tutor Needed Bay Area

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCU2019

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for tutoring in the bay area. I've taken this test twice already and something is missing. I haven't been able to get what I need to make me feel confident on the exams. If you are interested please reply to this post.

Thanks,

David

I’m also located in the Bay Area, and took the test numerous times. I also have no idea what I’m doing wrong here.

Are you also open to study groups?

Depends on your budget too.  Take a look at your diagnostics.  If there are 1 or 2 areas really stumping you, there's plenty of YouTube videos that can help explain things.  @ItsStudyTime! didn't take a review course and she passed her first time by making heavy use of YouTube videos and @justin-hawaii's study guide (Eng Pro Guides).  

I also highly recommend @Zach Stone, P.E.'s course, but he has a lot of free articles and videos you can look at to see if you think it will be a good fit before you spend the money.

I did not take Justin's course, but I purchased his study guide and practice exams, which I thought were quite helpful.  

I did take his class and I still found that there was a gap in what was presented on the test and what materials he had. I think his content is great but I just feel I need more than that unfortunately in my case.

If anyone in the Bay Area is interested in a Electrical Power Study group please email . [email protected] I can organize something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your budget too.  Take a look at your diagnostics.  If there are 1 or 2 areas really stumping you, there's plenty of YouTube videos that can help explain things.  @ItsStudyTime! didn't take a review course and she passed her first time by making heavy use of YouTube videos and @justin-hawaii's study guide (Eng Pro Guides).  

I also highly recommend @Zach Stone, P.E.'s course, but he has a lot of free articles and videos you can look at to see if you think it will be a good fit before you spend the money.

I did not take Justin's course, but I purchased his study guide and practice exams, which I thought were quite helpful.  
I took both @Zach Stone, P.E. and @justin-hawaii courses, both of which were instrumental in my passing on the first try.  Highly recommend! 

Did you take @Zach Stone, P.E.'s class?

If not, I'd really suggest it. 

Thanks for the mention @MadamPirate and @MEtoEE.

Our material is located at www.electricalpereview.com if anyone is looking for more help with the electrical power PE exam.

He has a class plus guides 
He also has two full (80 question) practice exams.  One he gives during his class (I think) and is titled "Full Exam" and the other he recently made and just came out earlier this summer/fall titled "Final Exam".  He also has another 40-question practice exam which are strictly code-related.

He also has two full (80 question) practice exams.  One he gives during his class (I think) and is titled "Full Exam" and the other he recently made and just came out earlier this summer/fall titled "Final Exam".  He also has another 40-question practice exam which are strictly code-related.
You can buy the exams separate from the class. And everyone always references his exams & technical study guide but never the class. So valid question to ask 

He has a class plus guides

One he gives during his class (I think) and is titled "Full Exam" and the other he recently made and just came out earlier this summer/fall titled "Final Exam". 
Thanks guys. I already have all of his material that you can buy outside of the class. Didn't know he had a class but I just found it on his website. Something to think about. I've spent so much money studying for this thing!!!! But maybe I should sign up for the class.

Thanks guys. I already have all of his material that you can buy outside of the class. Didn't know he had a class but I just found it on his website. Something to think about. I've spent so much money studying for this thing!!!! But maybe I should sign up for the class.
I feel you on how much money it all is. I did the rough math on how much it cost me over my attempts. Ouch.

I'd compare Justin's class to Zach's and determine which works better for you and your wallet.

I'd compare Justin's class to Zach's and determine which works better for you and your wallet.
I've already taken Zach's class. I really did like it. He breaks everything down really well. I'm not sure what else I need. Maybe just long weekends and lots of youtube videos???

I've already taken Zach's class. I really did like it. He breaks everything down really well. I'm not sure what else I need. Maybe just long weekends and lots of youtube videos???
I believe Zach's class includes a retake but I think you can also talk over your diagnostic with him too - I could be wrong (on both accounts). 

You're welcome to PM me as well - I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I've failed it a few times and might have insight 

You're welcome to PM me as well - I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I've failed it a few times and might have insight 
Thanks! I will definitely message you later. At the moment I'm trying to adjust my mindset so that in January I can hit the ground running. My job doesn't require that I get my license, it's always been a personal goal however my motivation is really lacking. I hope that if I write down a plan/schedule I'll feel more obligated to stick to it. 

Back