Cut Scores - Page 5 - OCT 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Lcengingeer

Cut Scores

On 12/12/2019 at 6:49 PM, whydoIsuck said:

Failed third attempt.

Civil: 2019 Construction 43/80 (EET Webinar)             2018 Construction 43/80 (Self study)           2017 Construction 45/80 (Self study)

Breakdown 

AM: 20/40                                                                           AM: 16/40                                                          AM: 19/40

PM: 23/40                                                                           PM: 27/40                                                           PM: 26/40

You will get it next time... focus on acing the first half by really understanding the concepts.. your pm is good.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, ca mech said:

How do you know the breakdown between AM and PM?

From looking at your module, seeing what topics are covered in the AM and coordinating it with your score... i.e. for civil.. there are 8 subtopics in the AM...the sum of those 8 will give you your AM score.  The rest is pm. 

Continuous improvement, but I failed my 3rd attempt --

Texas, Mechanical Machine Design and Materials (MDM) 

1st Time: 39/80 = 48.75%, Score: 61 

2nd Time: 40/80, = 50%, Score: 63 

3rd Time: 44/80 = 55%, Score: 69 (!!!) 

The Mechanical Components section has consistently been the hardest part of the exam for me, but this time it really killed me. First 2 attempts I got 9 of the 18, this time I only got 7 of them. Improved a bit in almost every other area though.

Honestly, I'm really not looking forward to doing the whole thing again (including application). I didn't want to know anything at all about CBT. But I will have to in a year or so. 

On 12/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, hbogunb said:

Continuous improvement, but I failed my 3rd attempt --

Texas, Mechanical Machine Design and Materials (MDM) 

1st Time: 39/80 = 48.75%, Score: 61 

2nd Time: 40/80, = 50%, Score: 63 

3rd Time: 44/80 = 55%, Score: 69 (!!!) 

The Mechanical Components section has consistently been the hardest part of the exam for me, but this time it really killed me. First 2 attempts I got 9 of the 18, this time I only got 7 of them. Improved a bit in almost every other area though.

Honestly, I'm really not looking forward to doing the whole thing again (including application). I didn't want to know anything at all about CBT. But I will have to in a year or so. 

Sorry about that, looks like you were close to passing this 3rd attempt but hopefully the CBT will be easier. I will be taking my first MDM exam this year, what study guides would you recommend i should concentrate on? 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 2:34 PM, ElDuderino said:

50/80 Fire Protection :(

Been checking back everyday hoping it changes to a pass...no luck so far :(

Aw man! Any luck? Would you take a different discipline in the spring or wait till the fall to take it again.