Cut Scores - Page 2 - OCT 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Lcengingeer

Cut Scores

Failed third attempt.

Civil: 2019 Construction 43/80 (EET Webinar)             2018 Construction 43/80 (Self study)           2017 Construction 45/80 (Self study)

Breakdown 

AM: 20/40                                                                           AM: 16/40                                                          AM: 19/40

PM: 23/40                                                                           PM: 27/40                                                           PM: 26/40

40 minutes ago, whydoIsuck said:

Failed third attempt.

Civil: 2019 Construction 43/80 (EET Webinar)             2018 Construction 43/80 (Self study)           2017 Construction 45/80 (Self study)

Breakdown 

AM: 20/40                                                                           AM: 16/40                                                          AM: 19/40

PM: 23/40                                                                           PM: 27/40                                                           PM: 26/40

For whatever it’s worth, it looks like you have a decent handle on the PM material. If you haven’t already, I’d try to get your hands on a couple versions of the official practice exam. I felt the AM questions were very close to the actual test. The PM, not so much. If you can bring your AM up around a 70%, I think you’ll definitely get it next time!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lcengingeer said:

If you failed, please post your score from diagnostics. Texas, include percentages. Also include the test you took!

Failed for the second time....

44/80 - 24AM, 20PM

Transportation

I am sorry you failed but, to what end do you want this information?

1 hour ago, ca mech said:

How do you know the breakdown between AM and PM?

@ca mech I just sorted on the basis of diagnostic report and exam spec/ syllabus.

3 hours ago, structuralengineerchick said:

Failed third attempt.

Civil: Structural - 49/80

AM: 26/40

PM: 23/40

SOO Close!! I passed Civil Structural on my fourth time with my scores as 47,47, and 48 so you're right there! KEEP FIGHTING- you will get it next time!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LyceeFruit said:

Also, if theres anyone who wants to provide their score to help determine cut scores but doesnt want to share publicly, feel free to PM and i can share anonymously for you (plus offer up my condolences, I've failed 6 times and I'm waiting for results now)

I hope you get it!

Failed third attempt(1st 42/80, 2nd 44/80, now 45/80)
Mechanical Thermal and Fluids
AM 20/40     
PM 25/40

Edited by MecEng

3 hours ago, biffnater said:

image.png.bdf2a12c393aaf2d4dfbef2ea7339528.pngLooks like I barely Passed. This is from Texas website grades

What was your raw score out of 80? Do they tell you that in Texas?

2 minutes ago, pdaly824 said:

What was your raw score out of 80? Do they tell you that in Texas?

Couldn't figure it out.  Didn't see it anywhere

Just now, biffnater said:

Couldn't figure it out.  Didn't see it anywhere

I think it should just be the same as the NCEES results.

34 minutes ago, Miner said:

I think it should just be the same as the NCEES results.

TX gives you a score pass or fail using the numbers from NCEES but with some magic in there. If you fail, NCEES gives you a diagnostic and you can see what you raw score was. You won't know your raw score if you pass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

TX gives you a score pass or fail using the numbers from NCEES but with some magic in there. If you fail, NCEES gives you a diagnostic and you can see what you raw score was. You won't know your raw score if you pass. 

but even if you pass you can get just the score% but not diagnostic report