Reminder for those who failed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txjennah PE

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
Reaction score
I know how hard it is to get a red button when there are so many people here celebrating.  There are many of us here who didn't pass the first or second time (myself included!) If you failed, take some time out, enjoy the holidays with your family, and come back to studying well-rested and ready to kick ass.  This failure does NOT define you.  You are NOT a bad engineer if you didn't pass.  We're here for you!  Sending big hugs to all.

This was my 4th attempt and I finally passed.  Hard to put into words the relief I'm feeling.  My boss always made a point to tell me that the test doesn't define me as an engineer and just kept encouraging me every time I failed.  If you didn't get good news stick with it.  It will happen!

This was my 4th attempt and I finally passed.  Hard to put into words the relief I'm feeling.  My boss always made a point to tell me that the test doesn't define me as an engineer and just kept encouraging me every time I failed.  If you didn't get good news stick with it.  It will happen!
Awh! This is awesome!

C O N G R A T S  🎊

Way to stick with it!

I know how hard it is to get a red button when there are so many people here celebrating.  There are many of us here who didn't pass the first or second time (myself included!) If you failed, take some time out, enjoy the holidays with your family, and come back to studying well-rested and ready to kick ass.  This failure does NOT define you.  You are NOT a bad engineer if you didn't pass.  We're here for you!  Sending big hugs to all.
♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

I'm so happy to read this, congratulations!

failed for my second time.... first time was 25AM, 16PM, this time was 24AM, 20PM.  What kills me is there are some topics I did worse in the second time around. This sucks.
i totally understand how you feel, i've failed 6 times, and have seen some topics go up & down during that time. 

it might worth it to step away for a cycle and regroup 

i totally understand how you feel, i've failed 6 times, and have seen some topics go up & down during that time. 

My dad felt guilty for booking a family vacation the week before the test and offered to pay for it in April if I failed this past October... so I'm going to take it one more time before I take a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad felt guilty for booking a family vacation the week before the test and offered to pay for it in April... so I'm going to take it one more time before I take a break.
At least take off until the new year. Give yourself some down time and time to process. Then attack it. 

and did you pass now? wish you all the luck 

does any one have any advise on switching the afternoon? i failed my second time on Geo and will register for April and was thinking about switching to other field but not sure about this decision...any help?

does any one have any advise on switching the afternoon? i failed my second time on Geo and will register for April and was thinking about switching to other field but not sure about this decision...any help?
I switched out of structural after failing it twice. I went with it initially because that’s the majority of the classes I took in undergrad, but I switched to transportation because it aligned closer to the work I did. I passed this time in transportation on my first try using EET depth and self-study breadth. It was much, much easier to learn transportation topics than structural, I’ll tell you that. EET was incredible.

Hi Guys, anybody who took civil structural ? I was hoping to get in touch with someone who is preparing structural for April 2020 and get some good advises from those who passed it.

If you could help, I would appreciate. Thanks a lot. 

Hi Guys, anybody who took civil structural ? I was hoping to get in touch with someone who is preparing structural for April 2020 and get some good advises from those who passed it.

If you could help, I would appreciate. Thanks a lot. 
Check the Civil sub-forum

Back