2019 Last Minute Christmas gift ideas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best last minute gift I thought of already is a year's subscription to The Athletic for my brother in law.

My MIL wants a scarf, and my stepmom wants some geneological books.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife (who is not into hugging trees or really all that into specialty makeup) specifically asked for a subscription to Causebox.  Doesn't really fit her personality, but she listed it by name, so...

In reality: Gardening supplies such as a windowsill garden or a mini kitchen herb garden tray. 

Wine or cheese gift baskets usually go over well too.

In reality: Gardening supplies such as a windowsill garden or a mini kitchen herb garden tray. 

Wine or cheese gift baskets usually go over well too.
I liked your first response better. 

We are having an 80's themed Christmas Party at work and your response was my first thought, but in reality it will not nearly be that "fun".

I think the best last minute gift I thought of already is a year's subscription to The Athletic for my brother in law.

My MIL wants a scarf, and my stepmom wants some geneological books.
when I first read that, I saw "genocidal boots"

west-berlin-police-officers-parading-in-jackboots-in-berlin-10th-picture-id153513257

I've been meaning to go in to either the local Police supply store or Cabela's and get my first firearm.  Looking at a CZ P-10C.  Not the most fancy, but my research indicates its reliable and of good quality.

I've been meaning to go in to either the local Police supply store or Cabela's and get my first firearm.  Looking at a CZ P-10C.  Not the most fancy, but my research indicates its reliable and of good quality.
Czech firearms have usually been fairly decent from what I've read. I personally have both an Israeli Arms (original Desert Eagle) and Glock for carry guns. And yes, that DE can get heavy when hiking in the back country. But the glock is only going to piss off a bear if used as a defense weapon. 

Buy yourself something you really want that's expensive (say a new gun). Wrap it, label it as "From Santa", and put it under the tree. Your significant other can't complain unless they want to explain to the kids that Santa isn't real.

Buy yourself something you really want that's expensive (say a new gun). Wrap it, label it as "From Santa", and put it under the tree. Your significant other can't complain unless they want to explain to the kids that Santa isn't real.
I'm pretty sure that you'll hear about it later.

Definitely not last minute, but I managed to get a hold of an Oculus Quest for the boys for Christmas.  Apparently it is one of the hot gifts this year because we couldn't find them anywhere and we sure weren't going to pay $800+ for one on eBay.  I ended up finding one at our local Microcenter.

shopping

Back