Any certification course for electrical power Protection? - Electrical - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
roy167

Any certification course for electrical power Protection?

Does anyone know of any certification course for free to not so expensive? I'm in the protection world and would like to add a certification course to my resume and also learn some concepts. 

I've been a protection engineer for about 17 years and haven't heard of anyone that offers a certification per se.  To learn concepts we send our newer engineers to Schweitzer's 401 protection fundamentals class, or an equivalent (ABB, Georgia Tech, University of Wisconsin and others offer similar classes.)

Michigan Tech offers a power certificate, which is essentially a two-semester mini-degree focusing in power.  You could probably tailor that to protection, or better yet enroll in their online MSEE.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, roy167 said:

Does anyone know of any certification course for free to not so expensive? I'm in the protection world and would like to add a certification course to my resume and also learn some concepts. 

UTC has a Power System Protection Certificate program. http://catalog.utc.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=30&poid=5493&returnto=1038