KNOWING RESULT RELEASE ANY SECOND SECOND THIS WEEK DESTROY YOUR PRODUCTIVITY - Page 4 - OCT 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
teab

KNOWING RESULT RELEASE ANY SECOND SECOND THIS WEEK DESTROY YOUR PRODUCTIVITY

Just now, LyceeFruit said:

yes and?

NCEES needs to coordinate 20+ people in the Controls sector to come discuss a cut score. Folks with families, full jobs, part time jobs, volunteer gigs, etc. On top of the holidays. This shit takes time and a lot of coordination. 

I get that the wait is frustrating, believe me I do. This is my 7th time taking the test. My 7th waiting period. 

The results aren't going to be released with a snap of a finger. They quote 8-10 weeks because of cut score meetings, because of investigations due to cheating or messed up exam questions (here's looking at you Oct 2019 Power PE). There is a lot that goes into grading these tests and keeping the standards of our profession up. Historically they do release "early" but banking on a release a 40 days is going to lead to a lot of heartache. It's hard not to hold onto the historical data, I'm guilty of it too

Sure, the per capita issues for the meeting attendees is much greater.  But if you factor in the total man-hours of stress, they're being much bigger dicks to our side than they would be to theirs!

Just now, HopkinsReb said:

Sure, the per capita issues for the meeting attendees is much greater.  But if you factor in the total man-hours of stress, they're being much bigger dicks to our side than they would be to theirs!

If you didn't know about this forum and the historical data, you would only have the 8-10 week quote from NCEES to hold onto. Having the historical data is proving to be a disadvantage to you and others. 

1 minute ago, LyceeFruit said:

If you didn't know about this forum and the historical data, you would only have the 8-10 week quote from NCEES to hold onto. Having the historical data is proving to be a disadvantage to you and others. 

It's not my fault the internet exists!

18 minutes ago, wedyan said:

so are you saying there's no chance to get the results today or this week because of that meeting?

That's correct. No chance this week.

• Sad 2

What is this cut score meeting and when was/is it?  I didn't see anything about it before.

10 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

That's correct. No chance this week.

The only thing that confuses me, is the way the article is written, they make it sound like everything on that page needs to happen, but in late October they released the Fundamentals in Surveying results, but that article says they will audit the most recent.  However, I am now hoping for it before Christmas, but have 0 faith we will ever know the results.

1 hour ago, conc said:

What is this cut score meeting and when was/is it?  I didn't see anything about it before.

Read thru this thread and the Welcome to The Suck thread. Your questions have been answered, repeatedly, there.

12 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Read thru this thread and the Welcome to The Suck thread. Your questions have been answered, repeatedly, there.

Thanks. I was actually reading about it in the welcome to the suck thread when I got notified of this response. 

Gah. I’m dying. Does anyone know general times results are releases; aside from the day? Can I assume/expect if they are not posted at say 9am, then they *probably* won’t be released that day? Are time zones usually a factor? Halp pleeze. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Speakerbaks said:

Gah. I’m dying. Does anyone know general times results are releases; aside from the day? Can I assume/expect if they are not posted at say 9am, then they *probably* won’t be released that day? Are time zones usually a factor? Halp pleeze. 

I've received results at 930am and 130pm previously. EST/EDT (freaking daylight savings).

So it can literally happen at any time of day

i'm not sure i've seen results past 330pm  EST for EST states  BUT BUT I have not paid that much attention to the times released for other states 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Speakerbaks said:

Initial release can happen at anytime during regular business hours on the east coast.

6 minutes ago, Speakerbaks said:

What villainy is this. 

NCEES villainy.

• Like 1

it's too much really can't wait it's too late this time compared to other time they released the results. checking on NCEES like every 5 minutes last night and still doing so 😓

3 minutes ago, wedyan said:

it's too much really can't wait it's too late this time compared to other time they released the results. checking on NCEES like every 5 minutes last night and still doing so 😓

Save yourself the trouble. Results aren't coming until at least next week. Read the Welcome to the Suck thread if you want to know more.

2 minutes ago, Hindianapolis said:

I think its either today or tomorrow.....SE results follows after a week. 

tenor-4.gif

2 minutes ago, Will.I.Am said:

Save yourself the trouble. Results aren't coming until at least next week. Read the Welcome to the Suck thread if you want to know more.

I guess I need to do so 😖

On 12/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, HopkinsReb said:

One thing that's not helping is there's a dude with my name who got his license this January and every time I search my name I see it in the results.  Ugh.

I am the only Della with any kind of engineering license in the state of Georgia, so I can very easily search myself.

20 minutes ago, Will.I.Am said:

do you know when is the meeting?