Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck for the SE Result!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewie

Reaction score
Two weeks to go. Sometimes I feel maybe it's better not to know the result.

I had a nightmare last night that all my coworkers (even the ones that hadn't taken the exam) got passing results and I just didn't have results at all... 

I actually forgot for about 3 days about this upcoming result... lol.  Not sure if that's a good thing. 

Thought about losing my SE 20 ... kinda like the freshmen 20, but figured I'd embrace my scchmedium status, plus thinking of working out made my heart rate go up so I just skipped a step and chalked that up to an actual workout. 

Although I am halfway thru 11/22/63 by Stephen King... great book so far.

I'm generally pretty good about splitting them up between project,  non project,  IT, training, admin, travel/ OT ... and so on .... then individual projects....

I'm gonna scrap it all and have two folders ...

1. Things 

2. Stuff

Things for project work,  stuff for everything else.... and then I'd only need 1000 rules to make sure all the Simpson, Hilti, Vulcraft .... spam goes to trash.  

Also doing my yearly ritual of sorting the years emails in Outlook.  8000 emails, many from people that insist on reply all is the best way to communicate one on one convos. 

-_-
I'm jealous!  26,587 right now from December 2018.  I bet I'm not needed on even 90% of them.  Thinking about using my entire Christmas break to sort emails.  If I pass the exam, maybe I'll take a couple days to celebrate by sorting emails at work lol.

I'm jealous!  26,587 right now from December 2018.  I bet I'm not needed on even 90% of them.  Thinking about using my entire Christmas break to sort emails.  If I pass the exam, maybe I'll take a couple days to celebrate by sorting emails at work lol.
why would you sort emails on break? they're work emails, right? 

why would you sort emails on break? they're work emails, right? 
Hopefully I won't, just anxious to think about organizing that amount! I always say I'll just do 30 mins a day and catch up gradually but I just don't put that time in lol.

Hopefully I won't, just anxious to think about organizing that amount! I always say I'll just do 30 mins a day and catch up gradually but I just don't put that time in lol.
Just do 30 mins a day while you're at work on a slow week and roll it into your projects 

Just do 30 mins a day while you're at work on a slow week and roll it into your projects 
That's really the plan but I think 30 mins a day on slow weeks will take a really long time. I dont work crazy long days or anything so I could always work a little longer to do these things. I just don't haha.

I'm with tj_pe on that one ... you need to find a proj# for that somehow lol.

On a side note, I'm a fan of Outlook rules,  copious amounts of rules, and having a mountain of 27k does sound fun to try to tackle with rules and automoves.

I'm strangely interested in how this turns out for you.

That's really the plan but I think 30 mins a day on slow weeks will take a really long time. I dont work crazy long days or anything so I could always work a little longer to do these things. I just don't haha.
Airport terminals is a good time for this stuff if you travel a lot for work. 

I'm with tj_pe on that one ... you need to find a proj# for that somehow lol.

On a side note, I'm a fan of Outlook rules,  copious amounts of rules, and having a mountain of 27k does sound fun to try to tackle with rules and automoves.

I'm strangely interested in how this turns out for you.
Lol thanks.  I'll get through it eventually.  I just do a lot of search and move all, but I'm gonna check into these rules and automoves!  I don't travel a ton.  Maybe an expo or a random project here and there, but only 3 or 4 times a year, which is more than the 0 travel at my old jobs! There's enough work going on in the NJ/NY area that travel doesn't have to be a norm.

Back