Nine Year old to receive BSEE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but that kid is likely to end up pretty F'd up:

He then plans to embark on a PhD program in electrical engineering while also studying for a medicine degree, his father told CNN.

Well, the single sentence I quoted tells you all you need to know. WTF is he going to do with a PhD in EE and an MD??  Are we to assume that he stops there, and dedicates the rest of his life to developing electrical implants (starting at age 13?)? ??  I think it's more likely that he turns out to be some sort of degree collector, who burns out by the time he reaches 16. But hey, if he ushers in the Age of the Borg, then that's cool I guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be like your average high school valedictorian in a few years, living in an apartment working at the local movie theater

But why? He already has a degree. Worst he will be like us. Unless of course crumbling under the expectations of others to become a genius.

But may be it was his choice and not forced by anyone. 
His choice or not isn't what bothers me.  The fact is that "normal" childhood activities and experiences just won't be possible for him.  I could be wrong, but I don't see his days filled with running in the rain, finger painting, sleep overs, knowing what brown bear saw, or drawing caterpillars.  Not having the ability to not be responsible for adult tasks at his age is worrisome. 

Back