Black Friday 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chart94 PE

I am the liquor
Reaction score
Was curious if anyone else here is like me and crazy about deals. Anyone planning in partaking in the festivities on Thursday or Friday? What are your feelings on this years ads so far? I personally think they have been Meh at best. Have seen better deals throughout the year than now. Waiting for the menards one though cause it’s always underrated but one of the best stores! 

My sister is one of those psychopaths that stands in lines.  I wait for Cyber Monday for the occasional TV or monitor deal, but that's about it.

I actually looked at a bunch of circulars this morning and agree with the 'meh'.  Debating on if I should buy a vacuum from my supermarket for $49.99 + a $20 off coupon or wait for the Target Black Friday sale and grab a similar model (I think a slightly better one) for $44.99.  Thoughts?

Also, might hit up Walmart Black Friday to see if I can grab some mixing bowls or another baking tray.

If we are in town we will go out towards midnight just out of boredom and to watch the carnage and may be opportunistic if we see something,  although the level of Black Friday participants is way less here in Denver than when I lived in Atlanta. Last year I bought a 55 IN TV for like $250 bucks.. I now wish I had gotten he 65...

We are not going to be in town this thanksgiving so we will miss out, not really though...

I actually looked at a bunch of circulars this morning and agree with the 'meh'.  Debating on if I should buy a vacuum from my supermarket for $49.99 + a $20 off coupon or wait for the Target Black Friday sale and grab a similar model (I think a slightly better one) for $44.99.  Thoughts?

Also, might hit up Walmart Black Friday to see if I can grab some mixing bowls or another baking tray.
If you're just worried about price, go ahead and get the cheaper option. I bought a Shark Navigator on sale a few years ago and I'll never go back to the cheaper vacuums I'd used for years lol.

If you're just worried about price, go ahead and get the cheaper option. I bought a Shark Navigator on sale a few years ago and I'll never go back to the cheaper vacuums I'd used for years lol.
They're both Dirt Devils and I have a smaller apartment/carpeting, so no serious vacuuming.  If I really wanted to, I could go to Costco, but I don't feel like getting a Shark or anything 'serious' vacuuming when I really have only a living room carpet and maybe my bedroom.  One is the Endura Reach ($49.99) and the Target one is the Endura Max ($44.99).  The only difference I see is the Max is heavier (9 lbs vs 11 lbs) and has a little bit of a bigger capacity (1.5L vs 2.0L), but other than that I'm not seeing anything crazy different?  I'm kinda leaning towards the supermarket one ($49.99) because technically it's $20 off ($69.99 is normal price) and even though it's $5 more than the 'nicer' one at Target, I can use the additional $20 coupon in the future at the supermarket for produce/veggies/whatever.  Does that kinda make sense?

They're both Dirt Devils and I have a smaller apartment/carpeting, so no serious vacuuming.  If I really wanted to, I could go to Costco, but I don't feel like getting a Shark or anything 'serious' vacuuming when I really have only a living room carpet and maybe my bedroom.  One is the Endura Reach ($49.99) and the Target one is the Endura Max ($44.99).  The only difference I see is the Max is heavier (9 lbs vs 11 lbs) and has a little bit of a bigger capacity (1.5L vs 2.0L), but other than that I'm not seeing anything crazy different?  I'm kinda leaning towards the supermarket one ($49.99) because technically it's $20 off ($69.99 is normal price) and even though it's $5 more than the 'nicer' one at Target, I can use the additional $20 coupon in the future at the supermarket for produce/veggies/whatever.  Does that kinda make sense?
I’m in the same boat. I really need a vacuum but nothing has been crazy good. I wanted to get a robot vac but I have carpet upstairs didn’t think it would work well. Has anyone had experience with the robot vacs and carpet?

I’m in the same boat. I really need a vacuum but nothing has been crazy good. I wanted to get a robot vac but I have carpet upstairs didn’t think it would work well. Has anyone had experience with the robot vacs and carpet?
We have a roomba and no real carpet. We've got an area rug and a plush bath mat. Surprisingly it hasn't gotten caught on the area rug but it's gotta stuck on the bath mat like 20% of the time. Boyfriend loves it but I'm keeping my small Dirt Devil to actually get the corners. 

There is no deal good enough to make me want to get up at 3 or 4 am and stand in line with crazy shoppers ready to run me over for a cheap mixer or w/e. 

I did it in college twice but never for big ticket items. And did it again a few years ago because my mother was bored and annoyed so we went for a drive lol.

But yeah, no. I wouldn't do it again. As @squaretaper PE says, too many things 

I don't do any in person Black Friday shopping. I will probably order some stuff online though, mainly for holiday presents.

Back