McGraw-Hill’s NESC 2017 Handbook vs IEEE 2017 NESC Handbook Premiere Edition(orange book) vs IEEE C2-2017 NESC (Purple Book)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BebeshKing PE

THIS IS THE WAY
Reaction score
 Is McGraw-Hill’s NESC2017 Handbook (Mcgraw Hill's National Electrical Safety Code Handbook) by David Marne,PE  has a similar content with the IEEE 2017 NESC Handbook Premiere Edition (Orange book) and IEEE C2-2017 NESC (Purple Book)??? I have attached the cover of the books for reference.

Thank you,

41agMj3vYgL._SX309_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

s-l640.jpg

9781504419932.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The test is on the IEEE purple book. You *can* get the handbooks for NESC if you want but unlike the NEC, NESC is straightforward and the handbook is a waste.

Is McGraw-Hill’s NESC2017 Handbook (Mcgraw Hill's National Electrical Safety Code Handbook) by David Marne,PE  has a similar content with the IEEE 2017 NESC Handbook Premiere Edition (Orange book) and IEEE C2-2017 NESC (Purple Book)??? I have attached the cover of the books for reference.

Thank you,

View attachment 14275

View attachment 14276

View attachment 14277
Do NOT buy the NESC Handbook by McGraw (the fist book quoted above). This is NOT the codebook, and does not contain the code. Be careful. It is a supplemental book only. The actual code book is published by IEEE. 

Do NOT buy the NESC Handbook by McGraw (the fist book quoted above). This is NOT the codebook, and does not contain the code. Be careful. It is a supplemental book only. The actual code book is published by IEEE. 
This is true. In fact, my company intended to buy the NESC years ago and bought the handbook as they thought it would be like the NEC where the handbook would be the code book with supplemental info. Wrong! No code in it. Fortunately for me, they had money left in the budget for references this year, so they bought the actual code book for me to use on the PE exam. 

Back