Power P.E. Salary

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres the spreadsheet in salary forum. Im on my phone so too lazy too copy pasta tbh

Theres the spreadsheet in salary forum. Im on my phone so too lazy too copy pasta tbh
Cool. Found it. I didn’t know there was a spreadsheet. Although the sample for power p.e. is very low.

anyone who has not contributed to the spreadsheet and is willing to share, what salary range would be expected for a newly licensed power P.E.?

I took October exam last week so not licensed yet and 5 years experience in heavy electrical construction making $160k+ including my bonus

Power engineers with 10-15 years on the gulf coast in the petro/chem industry are getting that.  And having a PE does not really mean a whole lot.  I know I won’t be getting a raise if I pass.  It’s more of just a personal goal for me.  

My total compensation is about 100k with my bonus and  stuff. I won't receive a pay bump when I pass. Im T&D at a consulting firm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends from company to company & industry to industry. I just got a 1000 $ bonus, thats it. 

My total compensation is about 100k with my bonus and  stuff. I won't receive a pay bump when I pass. Im T&D at a consulting firm.
I seriously believe I'm underpaid, even without the PE, based on what I'm reading.  I work in the Nashville area and live south of Nashville where the cost of living is much lower compared to a metro area, so that helps, but I have a 42-45 minute commute.  I enjoy what I do and the people I work with, so that helps.  

Lycee, what is T&D?  I worked at a consulting firm for over 10 years as an electrical designer.

@MEtoEE T&D = transmission & distribution. I do substation design for a consulting firm. I'm also underpaid. My company touts their bonus and retirement package as more than making up for it. I tend to disagree with them

Back