PE Power Exam Open Book Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BebeshKing PE

THIS IS THE WAY
Reaction score
I am just curious. Before seating on the exam, how do proctors or security personnel do their inspection in regards to your reference material that you will bring into your exam? Are they going to check them one by one? Or sheets by sheets?

I am just curious. Before seating on the exam, how do proctors or security personnel do their inspection in regards to your reference material that you will bring into your exam? Are they going to check them one by one? Or sheets by sheets?
For my exam, which was last Friday, they didn't check a single reference of mine. I came in with a milk crate full of books, showed them my ID and exam authorization, then went to my seat and sat until the exam started.

For my exam, which was last Friday, they didn't check a single reference of mine. I came in with a milk crate full of books, showed them my ID and exam authorization, then went to my seat and sat until the exam started.
This. But *some* states/test sites are more stringent than others. I've heard of some places checking but I don't recall what states. 

But the proctors *should* be walking around the exam room while people are working so they can stop & look at any time. 

Do you guys think printing a PDF ebooks and bind it in a 3 ring binder is fine  bringing in the PE exam?
Yup.  I did it.  Make sure you don't violate any copyright laws though.  Not that the proctors are going to check that but ethics, morals etc etc.

Yup.  I did it.  Make sure you don't violate any copyright laws though.  Not that the proctors are going to check that but ethics, morals etc etc.
This. But also, binder take up a **** ton of space so if you can pony up for the book, I suggest that so you can better utilize your space in your storage solution and it'll be less weight to carry. 

This. But also, binder take up a **** ton of space so if you can pony up for the book, I suggest that so you can better utilize your space in your storage solution and it'll be less weight to carry. 
I'll see your 'this' with a 'that.'  Agreed.  I had several binders and they were somewhat unwieldy. 

I'll see your 'this' with a 'that.'  Agreed.  I had several binders and they were somewhat unwieldy. 
Also binders have the potential to fail. In the middle of the exam while you're trying to pick them up... >_<

So tape your binder rings shut when you're done loading them up

Back