October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 70 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

2 minutes ago, Baconator. said:

fake news.jpg

Lol nope.  Real @Baconator doesn't have a period in the username. And you are missing the photo of the baconator

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpecificHeat said:

I think it's Day 46 now? Let's do a Phase roll-call? I have been in Phase 3 (Worry) for a couple of days now. I am confident I passed, primarily because I have a terrible memory and have already forgotten all the mistakes I've made :)

I'm not sure what phase I'm in... Probably a mixture of heavy Phase 4 and lighter 5.  Basically since exam day I have felt pretty unconfident about my results - mostly because the only questions I remember are the few that I couldn't figure out.  And since the only questions I remember are the ones I didn't know, it feels like I didn't know how to do the entire exam.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpecificHeat said:

I think it's Day 46 now? Let's do a Phase roll-call? I have been in Phase 3 (Worry) for a couple of days now. I am confident I passed, primarily because I have a terrible memory and have already forgotten all the mistakes I've made :)

What phase is the pissed off phase? 😂 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SpecificHeat said:

Been in a relatively light Phase 4 for a couple weeks.

Really, just ready to either drop this big, stinky deuce, or get off the pot.

• Haha 1
  • fudgey 1

Just now, Will.I.Am said:

Been in a relatively light Phase 4 for a couple weeks.

Really, just ready to either drop this big, stinky deuce, or get off the pot.

Ugh I hate that. Like when it's really sticky and when it won't drop? I think this perfectly summarizing my anticipation for the results.

• fudgey 2

3 minutes ago, Aspiring_PE said:

What phase is the pissed off phase? 😂 

Have you read the original post? Phase 5, duh! 😉

Just now, Will.I.Am said:

Have you read the original post? Phase 5, duh! 😉

I sure haven't. I didn't look at this post until it was 20-30 pages deep so I never went back haha I probably should!

2 hours ago, LyceeFruit said:

he didn't have to wait for anyone else, you can leave the exam room as long as it's before the 15 minute warning. 

Yeah that's true, and he did leave for lunch early, and he left the afternoon early, but he still had to wait around extra long for the afternoon section to start. He could have been out of there at least an hour earlier and enjoyed his afternoon in Milwaukee

13 minutes ago, SpecificHeat said:

I'm at whatever phase this is and 100% think it should be added to the Phase Master List ⬇️⬇️⬇️

14 hours ago, NZBound said:

I DEFINITELY passed and also DEFINITELY failed the exam.

14 hours ago, Will.I.Am said:

I've been calling that the Schrodinger's Cat Subphase of Phase 4, though that's not official, unless @RBHeadge PE wants to make it so.

Either way, it hit me pretty hard at the end of last week.

2 minutes ago, hardhatsandpinkshoes said:

I'm at whatever phase this is and 100% think it should be added to the Phase Master List ⬇️⬇️⬇️

@RBHeadge PE, I think that's another vote for a Schrodinger's Cat Subphase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Will.I.Am said:

@RBHeadge PE, I think that's another vote for a Schrodinger's Cat Subphase.

2 minutes ago, SpecificHeat said:

I also vote for a Shrodinger's Cat Subphase.

I'll add it in April

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I'll add it in April

Hopefully I won't need that phase in April, but seeing as the phase is what it is... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by hardhatsandpinkshoes
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Aspiring_PE said:

I sure haven't. I didn't look at this post until it was 20-30 pages deep so I never went back haha I probably should!

How to comment on internet articles:

1. Read the headline (optional)
  2. *DO NOT* read the article
  3. Start typing your comment

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, txjennah PE said:

Lol nope.  Real @Baconator doesn't have a period in the username. And you are missing the photo of the baconator

@Baconator.

download (4).jpg

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

giphy (5).gif

@RBHeadge PE I'm past phase 5.   Acceptance, I'm not angry anymore I have accepted that I will never receive my results and moved on. I guess I'll just give up on this whole engineering thing as a career and find something else to do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I'll add it in April

But but but but.... i wont be here in april...

lmao who am i kidding yes I will

2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I was only here to see those posts that people have received their results is whatever state. Now it has taken too damn long and I've stayed.

• Haha 1

So in the past 6-7 weeks I have:

- Interviewed for a job week before PE

- Taken the PE

Results of both are expected this week. Anxiety levels have not been higher. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, tmntjmc said:

This was my 4th attempt at the PE Power. This afternoon session felt the worst out of all the other times I took it. There was a lot of problems I hadn't seen before.. In any event, as usual, I did whatever I could. I just pray that luck is on my side this time... 😕 . anybody else feel this way for Power PE? 

I just wanted to offer my two cents. I passed PE Power in my 3rd attempt last April. The depression is real! Especially once you look at the pass rate. It is brutal. I was almost ready to give up (which is something totally out of character for me), I don't know what kept me going!  

As cliche as it may sound - Keep at it and NEVER give up! It is just an exam. A horribly fxxxxxg one - but just an exam. You will pass and this horrible phase of life will pass too. Sorry for the aggressive words - you see I am still working through the damage this fxxxxxg exam did to me 😂

• Like 2

If we're having Shrodinger's cat then we can also have Pavlov's dog.  Instead of salivating for treats when a bell rings, we have mini-strokes and heart palpitations when we get e-mail notifications.  Hopefully the "conditioning" isn't permanent. 

• Like 3