October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 135 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

1 minute ago, JollyGreenGiant said:

I failed with a 46 out of 80 and my diagnostic is nearly identical to yours.

A little bit more H&H and PM and you got this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fisherman504 said:

I think he meant having people here, not saying the pass or fail yet. 

This is correct.

I'm trying to figure out if we're missing representation from certain states.

Some states are "Day 2+" states: like MN, GA, FL, NJ, IL, HI, CO, MS, PR, CA

But there are some usually "Day 1" states that were still haven't reported like: TN, LA, NM, OR, MT, MO and I wanted to see if we merely were missing anyone to report from them

1 minute ago, SB_VA said:

The Transportation people had soooo many references.  I felt so under prepared in comparison.  

The mechanical guy sitting next to me gave me this horrifying look while I flipped books in the air left and right. He had the MERM and one other book.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Roll call: Do we have anyone waiting from:

• Mississippi
  • Minnesota
  • Oklahoma
  • New Mexico
  • Oregon
  • Nevada

I know we've got people from

VT, PA, NJ, GA, FL, LA, IL, MO, PR, CO, CA, HI, MT

Waiting in MS. Being told by MS board that it will be today or tomorrow. As soon as the Executive Director gives NCEES the thumbs up, they will release to examinees. However, the ED is not in his office as of 11:00 AM Central time.......

Just now, evanuel said:

The mechanical guy sitting next to me gave me this horrifying look while I flipped books in the air left and right. He had the MERM and one other book.

Oh yeah them Mech-y. I was next to one also. I actually bought 2 cinder blocks with me and flipped them vertical to make a spot next to my desk. No proctor told me anything. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

This is correct.

I'm trying to figure out if we're missing representation from certain states.

Some states are "Day 2+" states: like MN, GA, FL, NJ, IL, HI, CO, MS, PR, CA

But there are some usually "Day 1" states that were still haven't reported like: TN, LA, NM, OR, MT, MO and I wanted to see if we merely were missing anyone to report from them

TN checking in

1 minute ago, evanuel said:

I studied with a Mechanical and he had 3 books, while I took a cart into the test for all the references.

Just got off the phone with the NJ Board.  Said the results will be posted to NCEES tomorrow 12/13.  Correspondence from the NJ Board will follow 2 weeks later.  Gods speed. ❤️

Just now, Fisherman504 said:

Oh yeah them Mech-y. I was next to one also. I actually bought 2 cinder blocks with me and flipped them vertical to make a spot next to my desk. No proctor told me anything. 

Like CMU blocks? haha youre a real one!!

• Like 1

Just spoke with someone at the Missouri board and she said they were trying to get them released now.

3 minutes ago, evanuel said:

I literally had a grocery cart full and overflowing with references and used all but maybe one book for my Transportation. I also took the practice problems/books with solutions which helped on a few problems that were almost identical. 

Honestly was a little worried the flimsy table would collapse if I was too careless with putting my books down. 

Edited by jediobiwan

5 minutes ago, SB_VA said:

The Transportation people had soooo many references.  I felt so under prepared in comparison.  

I had a suitcase and a backpack full of books for my transportation PE.

Mississippi people: try to find yourself on the license lookup. It's been known to work in the past.

Just now, BHAGS18 said:

Just spoke with someone at the Missouri board and she said they were trying to get them released now.

Thanks for stepping up!

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

Mississippi people: try to find yourself on the license lookup. It's been known to work in the past.

Have been trying that since this morning. No dice. I either failed, or the license search is not updated yet.

21 minutes ago, Structurebeast said:

Capture.PNG.a5b232606f567e3fb6cb44d97cbfb890.PNGCapture111.PNG.aac0d3e7ac947981760a10027984d476.PNG

1st attempt Failed Civil Structural in south carolina....april 2020 lets go!!! registering today

got 43 right out of the 80 total

Admire your drive.  Go get em'! .. 22/40 on structural and you basically performed almost as well as the average passing examinee.  It seems cut score for structure was probably right around 25

• Like 1

I read a post early this morning about someone contacting LAPELS and they telling results will be out today very soon.....This is the longest "very soon" !!!

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, TwistedLeague said:

For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

I took Civil transportation

I had to take it twice, and I felt better with things still fresh in my mind. Took them back to back. Part of the test is how comfortable you are navigating through a myriad of problems. I like to get things out of the way especially since I'm a ball of anxiety. 

If you decide to do it in April, just be sure to give yourself a long deserved break. I gave myself about 1 months to unwind when I didn't pass the first time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clifford1990 said:

Have been trying that since this morning. No dice. I either failed, or the license search is not updated yet.

lets hope for the latter

Just got off the phone with LAPELS... They are saying they have been released. So the ball is in NCEES's court?

Edited by MustafaMond
Mispell
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Structurebeast said:

Capture.PNG.a5b232606f567e3fb6cb44d97cbfb890.PNG

got 43 right out of the 80 total

I heard structural is a tough one. I got 46/80 on Transportation and failed. We'll get it the 2nd time around

• Like 1
  • Sad 1