October 2019 15k SPAM Thread - Page 647 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
NJmike PE

October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

1 minute ago, JayKay PE said:

Lamb?  Roast?  Pre-sliced spiral ham?

Lamb for Friendsgiving.

I did a roast on Sunday for Boyfriend's family (and we're still eating it....)

And my gram is doing a roast on Friday when Boyfriend & I go visit

Meat-aganza. 

20 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

we're going in early august so hopefully they'll be done mated? 😮 the 11th is our slated day for sharkisms

They should be done being stupid and aggressive by then.

The upside to their aggressive behavior is that they are more active at or above the surface.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Lamb for Friendsgiving.

I did a roast on Sunday for Boyfriend's family (and we're still eating it....)

And my gram is doing a roast on Friday when Boyfriend & I go visit

Meat-aganza. 

That is a lot of meat.  I was thinking of a roast for myself, but it's a hella ton of meat.  Have you sliced it thin for a roast beast sandwich on rye?

42 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

You’re a bit late. Every Washingtonian ever has already discovered it.

Dang hippies.

20 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

Serious lack of pre-Thanksgiving spam.

not many people in the office today....

• fudgey 1

1 minute ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Soooo ready for 5pm

I'm just as bored at home as I am in the office, so I'll be around for a while, at least.

Just now, Will.I.Am said:

I'm just as bored at home as I am in the office, so I'll be around for a while, at least.

When did you add "Futile Exercise C" to your interests?

When did you add "Futile Exercise C" to your interests?

A week, or so, ago.

1 hour ago, JayKay PE said:

Def agree.  When I sing French I find the placement of my tongue and vowels different from German, and Italian is def more forward.  It's most interesting when I sing an English song.  Tbh, when I sing pop I know my singing sounds different than when I sing 'classical' English-language songs.  I think it's neat how our brain works like that and language is so different.

Also, when talking to my mom she said she didn't have an accent.  In a heavy LI accent.  She then went on a rant about raking leaves.

How many languages do you speak?

19 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

That is a lot of meat.  I was thinking of a roast for myself, but it's a hella ton of meat.  Have you sliced it thin for a roast beast sandwich on rye?

It was a 4.3lb roast, I thought it'd be perfect for 4 people. But yeah, so much leftover since they eat smaller dinners than us.

I sliced it as thin as I could and I have a sandwich for today. On anadama bread tho.

I was having troubles slicing it very thin.

My mother has a deli meat slicer at their house (have my entire life) so we'll also come home with thinly slice beef for dip-it sandwiches. 

7 minutes ago, Wow! said:

Soooo ready for 5pm

I'm out as soon as my 11am meeting is over 

1 minute ago, jean15paul_PE said:

How many languages do you speak?

I BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH, lol.  When I was training for a classical opera career, I would translate my songs to better understand the meaning, and then sing with the right inflection.  I was extremely good at making the words sound correct.  Kinda like a magpie, I made people think I knew what I was singing.  😚

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

It was a 4.3lb roast, I thought it'd be perfect for 4 people. But yeah, so much leftover since they eat smaller dinners than us.

I sliced it as thin as I could and I have a sandwich for today. On anadama bread tho.

I was having troubles slicing it very thin.

My mother has a deli meat slicer at their house (have my entire life) so we'll also come home with thinly slice beef for dip-it sandwiches. 

Oooof, yeah, that is a bit much even for a couple more people.  My rule of thumb when it comes to meat is that if I have sides, half pound per person.  If I want leftovers, maybe 3/4 lb.  Pound a person would be if we were only eating the meat/sandwiches, which was a thing with my family.  We'd sometimes just make a corned beef and eat sandwiches, not other sides.

I feel like slicing anything really thin is hard if you don't have a meat slicer (and I am soooooo jealous of your mom).  I think when I make my roast I'm going to just slice it as thin as I can, probably end up hacking it, and then throw it on top of masked potatoes.

TRRRIPLE POST

Thanksgiving meal = booked!  Husband and I already did a huge meal Saturday for Friendsgiving, so I have no desire to cook all morning tomorrow. It will be my very first Thanksgiving without my parents and brother, but 35 years is a good run. We'll skype with the fam tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited about our meal tomorrow.  The restaurant is really good and they'll be serving up some good food, looks like.  

• Like 1

Gonna do some easy work today. waiting for figures to be completed so I can submit a report, and then doing some boring invoicing that I've put off for long enough. Definitely not working the entire day.

8 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

Oooof, yeah, that is a bit much even for a couple more people.  My rule of thumb when it comes to meat is that if I have sides, half pound per person.  If I want leftovers, maybe 3/4 lb.  Pound a person would be if we were only eating the meat/sandwiches, which was a thing with my family.  We'd sometimes just make a corned beef and eat sandwiches, not other sides.

I feel like slicing anything really thin is hard if you don't have a meat slicer (and I am soooooo jealous of your mom).  I think when I make my roast I'm going to just slice it as thin as I can, probably end up hacking it, and then throw it on top of masked potatoes.

It seemed reasonable at the time! I did yorkshire pudding & green beans as the side. And I wanted leftovers for our lunches. 

But yesterday, Boyfriend ate *none* of the roast at all. Requested "something else" for dinner. Which was my plan for tonight to give us a break from meat. So now he gets to eat roast twice today. And so do I. 

Yep, we are doing the restaurant thing this year. I didn’t think my daughter would take it the way she has. Yesterday she said “so no duck?” and wanted to cry, after finding out we are eating at a restaurant.

• Haha 1