October 2019 15k SPAM Thread - Page 646 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
NJmike PE

October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

13 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I'm not sure that the accent is neurological when singing. I think it's bio-mechanical.

Regular speaking accents are in the brain though.

Which makes it really fun when you make yourself sing 'bad' and with accents.  This drives my grandmother crazy because she could not carry a tune in a bucket whereas my mother/ dad/ the rest of my siblings can all sing fairly well and we love to sing 'bad' to joke with each other.  She does not like squeaky alien Hallelujah chorus.  I do not know why.

As for my mom saying she doesn't have an accent...she knows she has a thick LI accent.  That was her just making fun of me and trying to be prim and proper.  She just wanted to rant to someone for an hour (and my dad wanted to talk about mail), so my ten-minute call turned into a hour and a half.  😗

I feel this thread can understand more about my upbringing if they see my family chat. Highlight from last night:

FF860246-049A-4380-9FE6-17E1FFC3DA65.png

• Haha 1

And that is a normal family chat, right?

TRRIPLE POST

Edited by JayKay PE

12 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Where in South Africa? Safari, Capetown, Joburg, Durban? I loved it there.

capetown, gondwana/wildlife preserve treks, great white cage hanging in gansbaai or hermanus, whale watching, wine drinking etc

hitting up liverpool and wales on the way there bc why not

1 minute ago, tj_PE said:

capetown, gondwana/wildlife preserve treks, great white cage hanging in gansbaai or hermanus, whale watching, wine drinking etc

hitting up liverpool and wales on the way there bc why not

Oooooo!  That sounds amazing, tj!  I want to do a safari one day, maybe a riding one?  I heard really good reviews for some of the preserves but I'm not sure I'm fit-enough to get back into horseback riding and do that type of trek.  How are you going to travel through South Africa?  Tour groups?  Random car hiring?

Day 33 of The Suck.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, spammers.

nice!

I did the great white cage diving out of Gansbaai. Eat the breakfast they give you, and take motion sickness pills. It can get rough on those tiny boats.

Whale watching is easy. There's literally a guy in Hemanus who job it is to make a noise when a whale is spotted in the bay - which is often.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will.I.Am said:

Day 33 of The Suck.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, spammers.

Are you brining your turkey yet?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

Oooooo!  That sounds amazing, tj!  I want to do a safari one day, maybe a riding one?  I heard really good reviews for some of the preserves but I'm not sure I'm fit-enough to get back into horseback riding and do that type of trek.  How are you going to travel through South Africa?  Tour groups?  Random car hiring?

DIY travel planning (6 of us). We're going to rent a car when we drive along the coast to the sharks and whales and the preserve. we did lots of research before we chose. a mixture of tours and diy sightseeing in cape town as well. we have a whole google spreadsheet matrix we use for planning lol

4 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

nice!

I did the great white cage diving out of Gansbaai. Eat the breakfast they give you, and take motion sickness pills. It can get rough on those tiny boats.

Whale watching is easy. There's literally a guy in Hemanus who job it is to make a noise when a whale is spotted in the bay - which is often.

we're gonna do a combo thing of sharks in the am, shower the grime off, then whales in the pm for time efficiency. with the same company and they will feed us and keep us safe i hope! LOL

2 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

It's funny that you think my wife and I have that much culinary skill. We don't even have the turkey, yet. That's one of today's tasks.

:dunno: 🦃

5 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

nope! 

4 minutes ago, Will.I.Am said:

It's funny that you think my wife and I have that much culinary skill. We don't even have the turkey, yet. That's one of today's tasks.

:dunno: 🦃

4 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

nope! 

I am deeply disappointed in both of you for your turkey skills.

Wow, international travel. I might be able to afford that eventually.

I might also discover Bigfoot...

2 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

☝️ I have that effect on people.

• Haha 1

Just now, Will.I.Am said:

I might also discover Bigfoot...

You’re a bit late. Every Washingtonian ever has already discovered it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tj_PE said:

we're gonna do a combo thing of sharks in the am, shower the grime off, then whales in the pm for time efficiency. with the same company and they will feed us and keep us safe i hope! LOL

Yeah, that's pretty normal.

Tours are weather dependent, if the seas are too rough, you may have to come back another day to do the swim. You may want to build some of that flexibility into your schedule.

Safety shouldn't be an issue. Eleven months out of the year, the sharks do not care about humans. We are just physical non-food objects in the background to be avoided while they try to eat the big-fish chunks that the boats use to draw them in. The sharks are just looking for an easy meal. The guides put the fishheads on a rope and pull it in front of the cages so the tourists can see the shark in action.

Unless you are visiting in July. That's their mating season. The males are hyped up on sex hormones and behave super aggressive and stupid. (sound familiar?). that's the only time the sharks start acting aggressive towards the humans in the cages.

Also, try to see the penguins while you are in the area. That species may be extinct in the wild in ~thirty years so you should try to see them while you can. You have a car, so it should be really easy to stop by one of their rookeries.

If you're into geographic extreme's see about driving to Cape Aghulas. It's the ACTUAL southernmost point of Africa and the place where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. Unlike the Cape of Good Hope, it's not very pretty.

2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Yeah, that's pretty normal.

Tours are weather dependent, if the seas are too rough, you may have to come back another day to do the swim. You may want to build some of that flexibility into your schedule.

Safety shouldn't be an issue. Eleven months out of the year, the sharks do not care about humans. We are just physical non-food objects in the background to be avoided while they try to eat the big-fish chunks that the boats use to draw them in. The sharks are just looking for an easy meal. The guides put the fishheads on a rope and pull it in front of the cages so the tourists can see the shark in action.

Unless you are visiting in July. That's their mating season. The males are hyped up on sex hormones and behave super aggressive and stupid. (sound familiar?). that's the only time the sharks start acting aggressive towards the humans in the cages.

Also, try to see the penguins while you are in the area. That species may be extinct in the wild in ~thirty years so you should try to see them while you can. You have a car, so it should be really easy to stop by one of their rookeries.

If you're into geographic extreme's see about driving to Cape Aghulas. It's the ACTUAL southernmost point of Africa and the place where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. Unlike the Cape of Good Hope, it's not very pretty.

we're going in early august so hopefully they'll be done mated? 😮 the 11th is our slated day for sharkisms

we've got the usual penguin spot and betty's bay on our list for penguinos! 

Serious lack of pre-Thanksgiving spam.

25 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

We're not having turkey

1 minute ago, LyceeFruit said:

We're not having turkey

Lamb?  Roast?  Pre-sliced spiral ham?