Exam Day rules and after

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Rule #1 - Don't talk about Fight Club - or the Exam!

Rule #2 - Don't talk about Fight Club!

Also for noobs / Members I will turn the forum off for posting until later on in the weekend - In general it keeps down on people "accidentally" posting exam questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

This one time, I took the PE exam, and i had to use the Manning's Equation.

Wii said:
Am I at least allowed to resolve some questions that I had difficult time with by myself, if we I remember some part of the questions?

Does it violate the NCEES's agreement?
Not on this site. In the privacy of your own home, locked in a room, and in the closet with a flashlight? Yes. 

Wii said:
Am I at least allowed to resolve some questions that I had difficult time with by myself, if we I remember some part of the questions?

Does it violate the NCEES's agreement?
From the examinee handbook:

All NCEES exams are copyrighted works. Examinees are strictly prohibited from copying or disclosing
any exam questions, problems, or answers, orally or in writing. This prohibition includes not
discussing or disclosing any exam questions or problems on Internet blogs or chat rooms or through
any other means

All -

This exam period sneaked up on me (new job, lots of travel) so I took the easy way out and just made it where the "member" group couldn't see the majority of the testing forums - Sorry for any chaos as a result of this.. Normally I just close the forum for certain groups but leave it where you can still read it - but that takes a while so I just did it an easier way - based on the # of emails I got over the weekend that wasn't the best so I will put it on my calendar for April ;)  

Thanks for sharing and this is why I asked the question. Hypothetically speaking, is writing an exam question from memory on a private notebook, not sharing with anyone else, considered copying exam questions or removing exam-related information from the exam room? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing and this is why I asked the question. Hypothetically speaking, is writing an exam question from memory on a private notebook, not sharing with anyone else, considered copying exam questions or removing exam-related information from the exam room? 
I would say yes. Because how can someone at NCEES actually confirm it was never shared?

Back