One Week Out!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yessssss.  You all are so close.

Use this weekend to brush up on concepts that need a little work, but I personally would avoid trying to learn brand new concepts. I stopped studying the Tuesday before my successful exam attempt, and it gave my brain a good rest! I spent the rest of the week organizing my notes and binders, and relaxing. I think it really helped a lot.  

Get lots of sleep Wednesday night. I had a running coach tell us years ago that as long as you get a really good night's sleep two nights before an important event, then it will help in case you don't get much sleep the night before that event. It's probably bullshit, but it's been a nice placebo for me and helps me doubt myself less if I don't get much sleep the night before something big.  (I personally didn't get much sleep the night before the exam, but was okay the day of).

Plan something fun for the weekend and get ready for the rollercoaster ride of reliving the exam for the next 5 weeks and questioning yourself :D   

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

Is it weird that I'm kind of getting pumped to go take this exam? After six months of pulling references together and another six months of doing as many practice problems as I could reasonably get ahold of, I'm kind of excited to see what NCEES is going to bring to the table.

I mean, I'm feeling the nerves, don't get me wrong. Though, they're more like the nerves before a big game, where you know you can compete if you execute properly, rather than nerves from existential dread.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Either way, the absolute best of luck to everyone else taking the exam next Friday. Let's Do This!

giphy.gif

Use this weekend to brush up on concepts that need a little work, but I personally would avoid trying to learn brand new concepts. I stopped studying the Tuesday before my successful exam attempt, and it gave my brain a good rest! I spent the rest of the week organizing my notes and binders, and relaxing. I think it really helped a lot.  

:plusone:

Plan something fun for the weekend and get ready for the rollercoaster ride of reliving the exam for the next 5 weeks and questioning yourself :D   
Five weeks, pfftt. More like 6-7 weeks. And more like 12 weeks in Pennsylvania.

I'm kind of excited to see what NCEES is going to bring to the table.
@Will.I.Am be like:

giphy.gif

Is it weird that I'm kind of getting pumped to go take this exam? After six months of pulling references together and another six months of doing as many practice problems as I could reasonably get ahold of, I'm kind of excited to see what NCEES is going to bring to the table.

I mean, I'm feeling the nerves, don't get me wrong. Though, they're more like the nerves before a big game, where you know you can compete if you execute properly, rather than nerves from existential dread.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Either way, the absolute best of luck to everyone else taking the exam next Friday. Let's Do This!
No it's not weird at all. It reads like you executed a good study plan and are in the right state of mind to slay the dragon. Go kick it's ass!

You're the man, @RBHeadge PE. 👍

I'll be sure to let you when Ohio results are out... though I'd bet that it's right around 1:30 pm ET on the day NCEES releases them, just like it's been for years running. Here's hoping the Control Systems exam doesn't hold things up too long. 🤞🤞

I remember I took the Electrical Power exam last year in October and failed it. In hindsight, I was so pumped and amped. Then when I took it the second time this past April I was so apathetic. I literally showed up with an "I don't care" attitude. I thought "whatever will be, will be". Meanwhile I ended up passing. I guess mentality plays a strong part in passing.

I'll be sure to let you when Ohio results are out... though I'd bet that it's right around 1:30 pm ET on the day NCEES releases them, just like it's been for years running.
Has Ohio been that consistent? I admit that I asked people to start recording the release times a few years ago but I never actually tracked the results. I'm glad someone is finding utility with the data.

Here's hoping the Control Systems exam doesn't hold things up too long. 🤞🤞

I'll let you know how long it may hold things up in the

"Oct 2019 Welcome to the Suck" Thread in nine days

One last drive to VT... 
I definitely don't want you updating me on Vermont's results in May. You got this!

If anyone is taking it in San Mateo, bring a pillow or cushion for the chairs.  The convention center chairs are terrible and about 4" lower than they should be for the table height.

Has Ohio been that consistent? I admit that I asked people to start recording the release times a few years ago but I never actually tracked the results. I'm glad someone is finding utility with the data.

I definitely don't want you updating me on Vermont's results in May. You got this!
It's honestly one of the things driving me forward rn. "This is the last **** time I give RB info for VT!" 

I went back and checked after I wrote that, and in the last 3 administrations, they've released at 1:23, 1:41, and sometime between 1:45 and 2:00. So, I guess it's more like 1:45, but yeah.

Back