One Month Out Encouragement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Principal Engineer
Reaction score
For those taking the 10/25 administration, you are on the last legs of your preparation now!

If you haven't taken a full length practice test by now, I recommend you do so and focus your efforts on your problem areas.  Don't let nerves slow down your progress.  Don't let missed practice problems discourage you.  Take your improvement areas one at a time, focus on those with more exam representation first, and stick with them until your reach an acceptable level of comfort.

If you are like me, you will not be completely comfortable but you won't feel totally unprepared either.  Below is a link to how I passed the exam just in case anyone finds value in it at this point in their prep.

How I Passed April 2019

Best of luck and stay strong til end!

Thanks for the encouragement, @fyrfytr310. I'm feeling pretty well prepared, but trying to stay focused down the home stretch. I've mostly done a big pile of practice problems, most of them twice; and flagged my references generously, in the most logical way I could come up with, according the exam specification and what I've used in practice problems. 

Aside from that, I'm just trying to keep the information fresh and anticipate the types of questions that will come up on exam day.

For those taking the 10/25 administration, you are on the last legs of your preparation now!

If you haven't taken a full length practice test by now, I recommend you do so and focus your efforts on your problem areas.  Don't let nerves slow down your progress.  Don't let missed practice problems discourage you.  Take your improvement areas one at a time, focus on those with more exam representation first, and stick with them until your reach an acceptable level of comfort.

If you are like me, you will not be completely comfortable but you won't feel totally unprepared either.  Below is a link to how I passed the exam just in case anyone finds value in it at this point in their prep.

How I Passed April 2019

Best of luck and stay strong til end!
This is great.  I am a little nervous as you’ve described .  I’ve studied about 500 hours and sometimes I get problems wrong on the practice test because I’m sloppy and tired. I’m going spend the next month on review, practicing being more careful, and catching up on sleep.  Anyway,  I will do my best and if I have to take it twice, no biggie.

This is great.  I am a little nervous as you’ve described .  I’ve studied about 500 hours and sometimes I get problems wrong on the practice test because I’m sloppy and tired. I’m going spend the next month on review, practicing being more careful, and catching up on sleep.  Anyway,  I will do my best and if I have to take it twice, no biggie.
You will do well.  If, for some reason, you do end up taking it again, you will be in very good company.  But don't think about that now.  Just focus on the task at hand.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've done two timed practice exams over the past couple of months + practice problems. I've been going through the NCEES practice exam, and have found it pretty straightforward so far. I've put in 220 hours so far. Taking School of PE to polish off my knowledge before the exam. Hoping for the best!

bucket

Thank you. I’m still pushing forward. Reviewing sections, reworking exercise problems, building confidence, taking timed exams every weekend, and making sure I’ve internalized concepts.

I’m about 250+ hours in.

When I feel like I’m hitting a mental block, I usually take a short break to allow time for me to absorb information before pressing forward. It’s exhausting but if I keep it up, hopefully it will pay off. 

Thank you. I’m still pushing forward. Reviewing sections, reworking exercise problems, building confidence, taking timed exams every weekend, and making sure I’ve internalized concepts.

I’m about 250+ hours in.

When I feel like I’m hitting a mental block, I usually take a short break to allow time for me to absorb information before pressing forward. It’s exhausting but if I keep it up, hopefully it will pay off. 
You got this!!! :)

Back