Three Phase Transformers & Circuit Analysis

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TakiTaki

Reaction score
So I have been doing a lot of practice exams and it seems like I am still struggling with the basic three phase transformer circuit analysis type of questions but getting other complicated questions correct. Does anyone have a good reference or a link to online article where I can find equations and basic understanding of different types of three phase transformers and some examples to go along with it? Something as simple as converting delta source to wye source or analysis of wye grounded vs wye not grounded, broken delta transformer or grounded delta transformer and so on. Any suggestions on what has been working for you so far or what really got you to understand some of these concepts are also appreciated. Thanks! 

So I have been doing a lot of practice exams and it seems like I am still struggling with the basic three phase transformer circuit analysis type of questions but getting other complicated questions correct. Does anyone have a good reference or a link to online article where I can find equations and basic understanding of different types of three phase transformers and some examples to go along with it? Something as simple as converting delta source to wye source or analysis of wye grounded vs wye not grounded, broken delta transformer or grounded delta transformer and so on. Any suggestions on what has been working for you so far or what really got you to understand some of these concepts are also appreciated. Thanks! 
Hi @TakiTaki

I just checked and found out that the entire chapter module on Three-phase circuits along with the 10 question quiz on the subject is currently being included in the free trial of our online review course.

I think this will give you more than enough practice for converting delta sources to wye and using single-phase equivalent circuits simplifying three-phase circuit analysis. 

Here is the link: Electrical PE Review - Free Trial

You can print out the entire chapter module to take with you as reference material as well (it is quite large). 

Back