when will i find out April SE code? - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
wannabeSE

when will i find out April SE code?

I cancelled my oct exam because I feel I dont have enough time to study both lateral and vertical.

I will take it in April, just curious when will I find out the code for this exam.

Not til like November historically I think

I wonder what exactly would tell the world that the exam spec. is official for April 2020.. it's still the old version currently hmm

If the call is recent that tells me at least one code would change.. Surely they made that decision by now and would tell you there’s no changes otherwise.

Edited by Stardust

I'll bet one dollar the only change will be to the next version of AASHTO.  Otherwise I bet we stay on IBC 2015.  

Edited by Titleistguy

On 11/3/2019 at 12:45 PM, Titleistguy said:

I'll bet one dollar the only change will be to the next version of AASHTO.  Otherwise I bet we stay on IBC 2015.  

Please say it ain't so! That's a huge change. It will conform better with the IBC, but it's a big change nonetheless.

Yea it definitely stinks as I was beginning to sort of learn my way around that beast... but I have it on good authority that's the plan.   

Wrt to the IBC....if history is any indication they typically change about every three years so they went to IBC 2015 in 2018, so doing the math we'll likely have IBC 2015 thru 2020 if I had to guess.   

6 minutes ago, Titleistguy said:

Yea it definitely stinks as I was beginning to sort of learn my way around that beast... but I have it on good authority that's the plan.   

Wrt to the IBC....if history is any indication they typically change about every three years so they went to IBC 2015 in 2018, so doing the math we'll likely have IBC 2015 thru 2020 if I had to guess.   

NCEES has confirmed that the codes are not to change for the upcoming April 2020 cycle.

• Thanks 1

NICE!!!!

I mean I expected ibc not to change but hearing that aashto wont change is outstanding news.

• Like 1

That's great to hear.  I got caught in a AASHTO code update between taking the lateral and vertical exam.  Was a little disheartening having to get a new version of AASHTO I would barely use.  Although, I've had my book updated for a year now in anticipation of them going to 8th edition AASHTO.  But I'm glad for those that have to take the exam. 

I'm taking Vertical for the first time in April 2020.. Great news, thanks!