August 2019 Test Results - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
quique07

August 2019 Test Results

When do you think they'll be released? I feel each month they are getting out sooner. 

• Like 1

To manage expectations, I think the average day of release is the 12th. That said, I'm hoping you are right and they release sooner than that.

I am so nervous! I finished all questions (Seismic) with few minutes left to check my answers! left the exam with 15 flagged questions that I didn't have time to review! 

Edited by Mosik
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mosik said:

I am so nervous! I finished all questions (Seismic) with few minutes left to check my answers! left the exam with 15 flagged questions that I didn't have time to review! 

Finishing is 3/4 of the battle. I know plenty of people who ran out of time and had to guess on the last few questions but still passed. I'm sure you did fine brother.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Finishing is 3/4 of the battle. I know plenty of people who ran out of time and had to guess on the last few questions but still passed. I'm sure you did fine brother.

I really hope so! I don't want to take that test ever again! I feel like results should come out sometimes next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quique07 said:

When do you think they'll be released? I feel each month they are getting out sooner. 

Probably next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mosik said:

Also nervous. I took survey. I flagged a couple questions and guessed a couple.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shihouli said:

Also nervous. I took survey. I flagged a couple questions and guessed a couple.

Unreal how tedious this whole PE process is in CA. Its been almost a year since the 8 hours. I am taking surveying next week, any tips? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mosik said:

Unreal how tedious this whole PE process is in CA. Its been almost a year since the 8 hours. I am taking surveying next week, any tips? 

This is just my suggestions:

1. Get familiar with basic knowledge, like unit convert, simple equations. You don't have enough time to look for all of them.

2. Keep tracking your time all the time. Before the exam, I wrote the maximum time I need to finish 10 questions, 20 questions, 30 questions, 40 questions and 50 questions on the workbook first page and checked it regularly when I finished 10 questions.

3. Read and comprehend each questions carefully before you work on it. Don't make simple mistakes by rushing too fast.

Edited by shihouli
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, shihouli said:

This is just my suggestions:

1. Get familiar with basic knowledge, like unit convert, simple equations. You don't have enough time to look for all of them.

2. Keep tracking your time all the time. Before the exam, I wrote the maximum time I need to finish 10 questions, 20 questions, 30 questions, 40 questions and 50 questions on the workbook first page and checked it regularly when I finished 10 questions.

3. Read and comprehend each questions carefully before you work on it. Don't make simple mistakes by rushing too fast.

thank you for the great tips! I will definitely keep these in mind. Can't wait to be done!

• Like 1

I wish you boys the best of luck on passing seismic (and survey if you are taking it). I hope y'all have plans on how to reward yourselves for a job well done. 

• Like 1

I've seen results come out the first week of the month following the test so you never know.  I took it August 2 and have been eagerly awaiting...ugh  😵

Edited by MrTeal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

The wait is killing me. 

:waiting:waiting for seismic or surveying or both?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mosik said:

:waiting:waiting for seismic or surveying or both?

Just Seismic my man. I feel really good about it, but I just want it to be over. When is your surveying test this week? You ready?

Hey guys! Figured I'd stop compulsively checking my email and commiserate, lol. Looks like the board has never released results on a Friday going back as far as I can find. Who knows, this could be the time they finally do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwi said:

Just Seismic my man. I feel really good about it, but I just want it to be over. When is your surveying test this week? You ready?

I think you ll do fine, I have mixed feelings about my seismic. I felt really good after the exam, but its been a while since then and I am starting to lose hope, lol. Yeah , my Surveying is on Sunday! I guess, I am just tried of studying after studying for almost a year (since the 8 hours! I just want it to be over also! have you taken surveying yet? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jdmc4 said:

Hey guys! Figured I'd stop compulsively checking my email and commiserate, lol. Looks like the board has never released results on a Friday going back as far as I can find. Who knows, this could be the time they finally do.

Haha, we are all doing the same thing. and Boo, was kinda having some hopes that today would be the day.

4 minutes ago, jdmc4 said:

Seems like if we don't hear by noon, it will most likely happen early next week.

• Haha 1

The state exams have been a bit of a bummer to wait for--so much more data to analyze/wager on with the NCEES exam.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mosik said:

I think you ll do fine, I have mixed feelings about my seismic. I felt really good after the exam, but its been a while since then and I am starting to lose hope, lol. Yeah , my Surveying is on Sunday! I guess, I am just tried of studying after studying for almost a year (since the 8 hours! I just want it to be over also! have you taken surveying yet? 

You'll do great. I don't know if this is your first time taking it, but survey wasn't that bad. I passed survey about a year ago now so seismic is my last test. Assuming you studied even half as hard for survey as you did seismic, you should be just fine. I studied for seismic for a year too, although I was dragging my feet since the 8 hour. Fiance got her stuff over a year ago and finally decided to get my ass into gear. Cheers brother, hope this is the end for both of us. Be sure to update us on the results for seismic when it happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jdmc4 said:

The state exams have been a bit of a bummer to wait for--so much more data to analyze/wager on with the NCEES exam.

I have all these plans and stuff that I keep on budgeting into my time all predicated on the fact I pass. The hour i've been dedicating each day to studying will become workout time, I'm going to go on the vacation I keep saying I'll be taking, blah blah blah all with the big big assumption that I get a pass. 

• Like 1

Packing it up for today. I'll check back with you gentlemen on Monday.

• Like 1

Well, if we use the past 3-4 months as our sample range, there's a pretty good chance today's the day. They seem to like Mondays and Thursdays.

• Like 1