Houston Reliant Location

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdhlphcdh

Tfarcraw
Reaction score
For those that have taken the exam at the Reliant Stadium location, do you have any advice about accommodations, weird rules, anything out of the ordinary you wish you knew prior to taking the test?

I took the exam here October 2018. I was extremely worried about the logistics of taking the exam here, but it ended up being a decent place to take the exam.

Some tips/info I can give to you.

1. Make sure you bring cash for parking. I don't remember how much it was, but bring a $20 and you should be good. Make sure to look at the admission ticket to see the check in time. I would plan to be there at least 30 minutes before that time.

2. There are over 1000 people taking the exam, so it will be crowded waiting around before the exam and coming back from lunch. If your references are on the large side, make sure to at least bring a bag or backpack so your arms aren't tired. I took the transportation civil exam, so I had a whole wagon full of code books. Everyone left their books inside during lunch and it was not a problem. They lock up the room

3. The proctors didn't seem to care about food/drink as long as you don't have them on the desk. I had some protein bars and water in my bag on the floor and it was not a problem, although I don't think I ate anything during the exam.

4. The main proctor is kind of a jerk, but as long as you follow the rules you should be good.

5. The bathroom is in the convention center room, but it may take a few minutes to walk there depending on where you are seated. I went once in both the morning and afternoon session and timing wasn't an issue.

6. I would recommend bringing a lunch and keeping it in the car so you don't have to go in or out. It saves time and it was nice to relax in my car for a bit. I don't think there is anything super quick and close by for lunch, although I am sure people did go out for lunch.

7. We sat at 8 foot tables with 2 people per table. I felt there was plenty of space to lay out a few books at a time. 

Overall, it is a pretty decent place to take the exam, so I wouldn't worry too much. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if anyone has any corrections to what I have said.

I took the exam here October 2018. I was extremely worried about the logistics of taking the exam here, but it ended up being a decent place to take the exam.

Some tips/info I can give to you.

1. Make sure you bring cash for parking. I don't remember how much it was, but bring a $20 and you should be good. Make sure to look at the admission ticket to see the check in time. I would plan to be there at least 30 minutes before that time.

2. There are over 1000 people taking the exam, so it will be crowded waiting around before the exam and coming back from lunch. If your references are on the large side, make sure to at least bring a bag or backpack so your arms aren't tired. I took the transportation civil exam, so I had a whole wagon full of code books. Everyone left their books inside during lunch and it was not a problem. They lock up the room

3. The proctors didn't seem to care about food/drink as long as you don't have them on the desk. I had some protein bars and water in my bag on the floor and it was not a problem, although I don't think I ate anything during the exam.

4. The main proctor is kind of a jerk, but as long as you follow the rules you should be good.

5. The bathroom is in the convention center room, but it may take a few minutes to walk there depending on where you are seated. I went once in both the morning and afternoon session and timing wasn't an issue.

6. I would recommend bringing a lunch and keeping it in the car so you don't have to go in or out. It saves time and it was nice to relax in my car for a bit. I don't think there is anything super quick and close by for lunch, although I am sure people did go out for lunch.

7. We sat at 8 foot tables with 2 people per table. I felt there was plenty of space to lay out a few books at a time. 

Overall, it is a pretty decent place to take the exam, so I wouldn't worry too much. Let me know if you have any specific questions or if anyone has any corrections to what I have said.
Thank you for the response!  I've got a room right next to NRG, so I am good to go, nervous but excited!

Back