CA PE Application Timeline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliv

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For those who may ask for it, below the steps I went through to obtain the CA PE license. Discipline: Mechanical.

1. 04/05/19 - Took NCEES 8 hour exam
  2. 05/14/19 - Received results notice from NCEES. Passed 8 hour. 
  3. 05/20/19 - Mailed my application package for licensure via USPS priority mail (with a tracking number)
  4. 05/21/19 - CA BPELSG received my application package (tracked with tracking number)
  5. 05/29/19 - CA BPELSG cashed the check in my application package
  6. 07/29/19 - Received email from CA BPELSG, stating that my application package was technically approved
  7. 08/20/19 - Received email from CA BPELSG, stating that I was a California licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer
  8. 08/21/19 - Received mail with license number
Overall the process went pretty fast once the application was submitted but putting all the paperwork and application package took a lot of time going through official school transcripts, notarization, recommendation sealed letters etc. Good luck to you all.

Congratulations, I can’t wait to go through that process. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really interesting info, even though I'm not in California.

I'm wondering, what the heck was going on between 07/29/19 "...my application package was technically approved" and 8/20/19 "...I was a California licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer". That's 3 weeks; seems like a long time.

This is really interesting info, even though I'm not in California.

I'm wondering, what the heck was going on between 07/29/19 "...my application package was technically approved" and 8/20/19 "...I was a California licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer". That's 3 weeks; seems like a long time.
CA assigns licenses every two weeks. So probably @Oliv barely missed one cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back