Dont end up like this guy..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Check out this month's NCEES "Licensure Exchange" newsletter.

Scroll down to page 5, and you'll find an entire article devoted to the smack-down by Tim@NCEES in April for the idiot who posted an exam question. The article goes on to actually mention a lot more about the content of the question than I ever would have thought appropriate.

The true identity of "Tim" is also identified, and coincidentally there is a picture of him on the preceding page.

UPDATE: link in case they archive that issue

http://www.ncees.org/About_NCEES/Licensure...07&month=06

UPDATE 2 (new link):  http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/LEx-June-07-for-Web.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW.

I guess that answers those questions as to what happened. Just kinda sucks that they have our web address wrong. Maybe we should register engineeringboards.com too.

It does suck they got the name wrong, someone (meaning not me) should send Tim@NCEES a notice, and see if they can correct it in the next edition....more free press!

QUOTE (Dleg @ Jun 27 2007, 08:30 PM)

The article goes on to actually mention a lot more about the content of the question than I ever would have thought appropriate.

I would guess they are probably not going to use the question again anyway, so why not?

All I gotta say is .... :respect: :respect: :respect: :bananalama:

:multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

JR

QUOTE (Mike in Gastonia @ Jun 27 2007, 09:15 PM)

I would guess they are probably not going to use the question again anyway, so why not?

I guess that's why NCEES has to watch that kind of thing, if you had 80 of those guys, it would cancel out a whole exam, and NCEES would run out of questions for the future.

I hate seeing that happen to the guy, even if he did question my testicular fortitude, but he did blatently say he didn't care, and he posted it like 3 or 4 times.

QUOTE (SapperPE @ Jun 27 2007, 11:33 PM)

We need to put that portion of the PDF file in the "Rules of the Board" as a deterent for future candidates.

Great idea, but NCEES is the last place we need to risk copyright problems. Maybe we'll just add the link and hope they keep it up.

QUOTE (jregieng @ Jun 27 2007, 11:59 PM)

^^^^
smile.gif
JR

LOVING THE KNARLY MAN!!!!!!!

Is that how it happened? I thought you guys were the ones that let Tim know about the post. Anyways someone was nailed.

What a dumb mistake, but he/she has no one to blame but himself/herself.

Well I am still surprised that I haven’t gotten any hate email from the guy to be honest.

Looks like Tim is getting promoted from one of the articles (Congrats!)

At least they didn’t site.. engineertrades.com ….. I guess we should go register www.engineeringboards.com and have it re-direct here for a few months..

And all you guys thought he was from WV. Dipshit was from Ohio. :screwloose: :lmao:

QUOTE (DIAZWV @ Jun 28 2007, 07:24 AM)

And all you guys thought he was from WV. Dipshit was from Ohio.
screwloose.gif
lmao.gif
Yeah, but wasn't his handle wv...something? He probably just went to school at WVU.....
blush.gif

Well I checked into buying www.engineeringboards.com and some company from china already owns it …..

Very cool. Definitely gives the board both press and credibility.

I'd suggest that someone PM Tim@NCEES through this board and make him aware that the board URL is incorrect.

Note: It wouldn't be fair to deluge him with PM's, so I'll leave it to the Admins to act.

It's great when you can work with the NCEES and know that you can be heard.

I also applaud that he posted as Tim@NCEES. No covert lurking on thier part, he was straight up front about who he was. Great job all around.

Here's another thought. When a new member sign up on this board, we make him read and accept a few major rules of the board before signing him/her on. Kinda like the credit card or other companies do with legal stuff.

QUOTE (MA_PE @ Jun 28 2007, 08:43 AM)I also applaud that he posted as Tim@NCEES. No covert lurking on thier part, he was straight up front about who he was. Great job all around.
He was on it pretty fast, so I assumed he must have been reading as a guest or so, NCEES may be on everyday all the time for all we know.

I saw the post almost immediately, so I PM'd the guy who wrote it, and by the time I was done writing that PM, Tim@NCEES had already PM'd me, and by the time I read his, I noticed the guy posted the same thing in about 4 different places.

QUOTE (VA_Env_Engr @ Jun 28 2007, 09:08 AM) Here's another thought. When a new member sign up on this board, we make him read and accept a few major rules of the board before signing him/her on. Kinda like the credit card or other companies do with legal stuff.

That’s a good idea, I added something brief to the registration part that should essentially spell it out for people.

Go back and read the PDF on NCEES site. It now reads EngineerBoards.com correctly.

Those guys/gals are alright in my opinion. :D

Back