Are there any softwares similar to that NCEES use it to make the examinee view the exam handbook?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fayez1414

Reaction score
Hi , 

I wonder if there are in the web any software similar to that used by NCEES to view the handbook during the exam?

I took my FE exam couple of days ago and found that the pdf viewer the NCEES is affording is slow and not as easy as it appeared in the marketing you tube videos for the NCEES. 

Navigating from page to page was slow and the screen turned to blue so i was not able to read the content while navigating the handbook . This could get you nervous during the exam and affect your performance as you was training in home using the pdf viewer by adobe which is supreme over the ncees pdf viwer.

I appreciate your advise regarding this .

Thanks

When I created a couple of the early lessons for my 'FE Preparation Videos' (as described in another thread within this Forum), I did some research and I found the PDF reader software that NCEES uses for displaying and browsing their FE Handbook during the test.  I suspect it was part of an overall S/W package they bought when they decided to move those exams to the computer based delivery method.  It is a very poor program, which I explain in one of my videos as something test-takers need to be careful about.  As I recall however, they wanted to charge a couple hundred dollars for a single license for the PDF browser - not worth it, in my opinion, even to practice with.

Back