9 Weeks to go folks! You got this!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsStudyTime!

Reaction score
For those taking the October, 2019 exam - this is the 9 week mark before the exam. Guess what!? You still have lots of time left to prepare! This is exactly how many weeks I had to prepare between when I signed up and when I took the exam back in 2017. YOU GOT THIS!! I wrote up my 9-week study method in a mini-website (I started writing a reddit post and quickly realized I wanted it formatted into a couple of pages rather than one big wall-of-text). I posted this to reddit last year around this time and got good feedback from people with similar study brains to mine.

My goal with this post is to encourage everyone who is currently studying - you got this! You've got lots of time! If you've been studying for many weeks now and feeling overwhelmed or lost, hopefully this injection of positivity and a concrete method option for the next 9 weeks can help re-focus you.  If you are currently feeling overwhelmed/stressed, take a step back, clear your head, and examine your study method. Make a plan. Don't let the Negative Nancy's get you down.

Website: https://spreadsheetdirtbags.com/howtopassthepeexam/

Also - I am happy to answer any questions I can about studying/prep. I wrote back in Oct 2017, but I'll do my best with any questions!

For those taking the October, 2019 exam - this is the 9 week mark before the exam. Guess what!? You still have lots of time left to prepare! This is exactly how many weeks I had to prepare between when I signed up and when I took the exam back in 2017. YOU GOT THIS!! I wrote up my 9-week study method in a mini-website (I started writing a reddit post and quickly realized I wanted it formatted into a couple of pages rather than one big wall-of-text). I posted this to reddit last year around this time and got good feedback from people with similar study brains to mine.

My goal with this post is to encourage everyone who is currently studying - you got this! You've got lots of time! If you've been studying for many weeks now and feeling overwhelmed or lost, hopefully this injection of positivity and a concrete method option for the next 9 weeks can help re-focus you.  If you are currently feeling overwhelmed/stressed, take a step back, clear your head, and examine your study method. Make a plan. Don't let the Negative Nancy's get you down.

Also - I am happy to answer any questions I can about studying/prep. I wrote back in Oct 2017, but I'll do my best with any questions!
Much appreciated.  I'm still hitting some road blocks with particular topics/questions, but my wife and son went out of town last month for a couple of weeks, so I got in a LOT of good studying time.  I still feel like I have a lot to cover, but I've already taken a few practice exams, and I told my wife last night I'm at the exact spot you were with 2 months left so I feel like I have a good start.  I'm definitely in better shape than  I was at this point last year when I took it in October 2018.

Much appreciated.  I'm still hitting some road blocks with particular topics/questions, but my wife and son went out of town last month for a couple of weeks, so I got in a LOT of good studying time.  I still feel like I have a lot to cover, but I've already taken a few practice exams, and I told my wife last night I'm at the exact spot you were with 2 months left so I feel like I have a good start.  I'm definitely in better shape than  I was at this point last year when I took it in October 2018.
When I hit roadblocks with certain question types, especially late in the game, that is when I went to youtube. Inevitably I would find someone who explained something in a different way or said the key thing I had been missing.

The October 2018 power PE exam has the lowest pass rate in the history of the exam. That exam cycle was just an anomaly I suppose. Good luck in the upcoming exam. You got this!

I found this to be very helpful.  Thank you.

Back