NDS, Supp, SDPWS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titleistguy

Reaction score
I'm very close to just printing these all out and putting in one binder.

I sometimes get annoyed with timber design because I'll pull my wood stress values from supp, the C factors from supp and spec, and then have to slide on thru SDPWS for some nail spacing ... oh hey - whats that, design that lag screw connection ... ok, lets see, I need an appendix I, a table in chap 12, some values from chap 11, we'll need to do a drive by in the supp to check wood capacity, oh and then about 2-3 fingers of Johnny Walker Blue, because you know what ... I earned it.  

Were the folks at the AWS drunk when they divided this in 3 and laid it out?  Why can't it just all be in one document, I'd settle for that, keep it organized how it is, but for god sakes, just one document would be nice.  

#endrant

I'm very close to just printing these all out and putting in one binder.

I sometimes get annoyed with timber design because I'll pull my wood stress values from supp, the C factors from supp and spec, and then have to slide on thru SDPWS for some nail spacing ... oh hey - whats that, design that lag screw connection ... ok, lets see, I need an appendix I, a table in chap 12, some values from chap 11, we'll need to do a drive by in the supp to check wood capacity, oh and then about 2-3 fingers of Johnny Walker Blue, because you know what ... I earned it.  

Were the folks at the AWS drunk when they divided this in 3 and laid it out?  Why can't it just all be in one document, I'd settle for that, keep it organized how it is, but for god sakes, just one document would be nice.  

#endrant
agree. I think I spend more time trying to remember which table is in which book than actually looking up the information. I choose wrong every. single. time.

Back