SE Application Time Line California Board - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
YAZRABADI

SE Application Time Line California Board

Has anybody had an experience with submitting their application to California board for SE application by Comity and care to share their experience. 

I am currently waiting through technical review and wander how long it this process take. I also had a comment on my application and I fixed and sent it back. 

Any feedback would be great. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, YAZRABADI said:

Has anybody had an experience with submitting their application to California board for SE application by Comity and care to share their experience. 

I am currently waiting through technical review and wander how long it this process take. I also had a comment on my application and I fixed and sent it back. 

Any feedback would be great. 

I spoke too early. I just received my approval notice early this week on Wednesday and should be expecting License number next Friday.

Thank you 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, YAZRABADI said:

I spoke too early. I just received my approval notice early this week on Wednesday and should be expecting License number next Friday.

Thank you 

Congrats.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 6:29 AM, Lukus said:

YAZ, are you a building or bridge focused practitioner? 

Yes, Lukus, I am in buildings!!

Darn (for me, good for you).  I am applying for SE comity (as soon as I get the Seismic and Surveying out of the way) as a bridge practitioner.  It seems the application is geared towards building practitioners, so I am curious to hear how bridge practitioners have handled the SE application. 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, YAZRABADI said:

Thank you 

Congrats. Did you have to show 3 years of experience post PE license for comity? Or is that is applying to take the exam in CA?

2 hours ago, NikR said:

Congrats. Did you have to show 3 years of experience post PE license for comity? Or is that is applying to take the exam in CA?

Thanks. Yes, you have to show 3 years of work experience after your CA PE to be licensed Structural Engineer in CA. I do however work in CA so that part was okay. 

Edited by YAZRABADI
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, YAZRABADI said:

Thanks. Yes, you have to show 3 years of work experience after your CA PE to be licensed Structural Engineer in CA. I do however work in CA so that part was okay. 

Any advise for people that are having a hard time finding SEs to sign for the experience?

Talk to the board and they will tell you what to do. I believe there is a way. You just need to talk to them!!

• Like 1