July 2019 Seismic Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shivermanx

Reaction score
I found out my July 2019 Seismic Principle Results on August 6, 2019. Passed!! Woot! I am so happy I won't have to study for these tests anymore!

I had failed the test before and was not happy with my PPI study guide book after I reviewed my friend's Hiner SDR book. I read through every Hiner SDR chaper and then did the corresponding chapter practice problems. I also completed about three practice tests and redid some of the Hiner SDR practice problems. I kept track on how many practice problems I finished too. I completed over 650 problems as part of my studying. I used the Hiner Practice Exam, A practice exam I found on Amazon which was really repetitive but made me faster, and parts of Ibrahim practice exams. The Ibrahim practice exams are awesome, but hard. I tried to complete 10 practice problems every night. Somedays I didn't do any problems because of life, but I would make up the problems I missed on another day.

When I took the test I got 90% of the test done with 5 minutes remaining and still new how to do of the last 5 problems, but I still ran out of time so I guessed. 

I took both seismic and surveying for the first time in early August. I was under the assumption that whether one passes or fails solely depends on the amount of correct answers to questions (comparatively to the average score).

Now, I’m seeing people discussing their results in terms of a diagnostic report on certain categories, scored as  either proficient, deficient, or marginal.

Now I’m having a minor heart-attack – I definitely felt stronger on certain areas and neglected other areas in which I felt weaker, because I didn’t think the topic of questions mattered at all – just the overall score.

Was I very wrong here? Sigh….

As far as I know I think you only need to have 55% to 65% of all the questions right to pass the test. I believe the diagnostic is only to help you study in cased you failed.

Back