Fantasy Football anyone?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger15

FEA Wizard
Reaction score
Is there an Engineer Boards fantasy football league? If not, anyone interested in starting one? 

I would love to be a part of one. All of mine have been with ESPN so I could set one up there if we get a few more people.

Yeah, my recommendation would be free, for fun only. Too hard to deal with money with people who don't know each other and are located all over.

I would be down for this.  TBH, i have never played FF before...

Seems like we have quite a bit of interest. Let's get opinions on details and feel free to add anything you think of.

PPR or no?

What date and time for the draft?

ESPN or Yahoo?

I count that we're up to 8 people, which I would say is the minimum, although I'd prefer to get to 12. It would be nice if there was a poll reply option to get everyone's vote, but I assume I can't get new feature added to the site for my convenience. :D

• Site: I've played on lots of sites. I would rank my vote CBS (not free), NFL.com, ESPN, Yahoo. But I'm fine with whatever.
  • PPR vs non-PPR: I personally like 1/2-PPR, but I'd vote for full-PPR over non.
  • I assume we'll keep most options pretty standard. No-IDPs, typical roster config (including a flex?).
  • Draft date: doing a live-online draft one night. Probably be tough to find a time that works for everyone. Which is fine since people can autodraft with a ranking list. The other option is a slow draft that stretches over a week or two. But those can be a pain sometimes.
  • Any other thoughts?

I guess someone has to volunteer to be the commissioner. I don't mind doing it, but someone else is more than welcome.

I'll be commissioner if nobody objects. I can set up a league on ESPN so I would only need people's e-mail to send out invites.

PPR is fine with me and as for rosters, I've usually gone with...

QB

RB1, RB2

WR1, WR2

Flex

TE

D/ST

K

...I also like having a max for each position like 3 QB's, 5 RB's and 5 WR's to keep people from hoarding and to make it more interesting.

The draft date would probably be best on the weekend, probably in the next few weeks. I definitely want to avoid the slow draft lol.

I'll be commissioner if nobody objects. I can set up a league on ESPN so I would only need people's e-mail to send out invites.

PPR is fine with me and as for rosters, I've usually gone with...

QB

RB1, RB2

WR1, WR2

Flex

TE

D/ST

K

...I also like having a max for each position like 3 QB's, 5 RB's and 5 WR's to keep people from hoarding and to make it more interesting.

The draft date would probably be best on the weekend, probably in the next few weeks. I definitely want to avoid the slow draft lol.
I’m good with this setup.

I’ll send you my email in a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll set the league up tonight and send out invites as I get e-mails.

As for the draft, maybe Saturday August 24th or August 31 around 5 pm eastern so we're not taking up the whole Saturday night?

i suppose i should figure out what the hell you all are talking about. i am already lost.
One thing I didn’t see explained is PPR. It stands for “points per reception.” If PPR is part of your league, your player gets points for successful receipt of the ball. Leagues can be configured for 1, 0.5, or 0 fantasy points per reception.

Back