Exam Materials Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titleistguy

Reaction score
All,

This is a somewhat specific question -- anyone who has used the CodeMasters (by: SKGA) ... I find these to be handy & clever little summary sheets, however, despite being hole punched, they're somewhat a pain to work thru while attached to a binder.  I know the NCEES doesn't want 'loose' notes, however, I interpret that to mean random sheets of paper and what not.  If I were to keep mine loose, say in the front pocket of the appropriate binders, and pulled out when I needed, would the NCEES get up in arms over that. 

So I guess I'm asking if anyone has used these in a test, and when you did, did you use them loose, or attached in the binder? 

Thx,

TG

20190722_093248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately they're required to be attached to your rings. In my experience they have had hole punches available to bind all of the things you thought you wouldn't need to. even the handy cheat sheet/straight edge combos that you think you're going to use as a ruler. 

Can you make photocopies of the Codemaster pages onto regular sheets of paper, and then just put them into a binder? 

David, its a good idea, but harder to do than you'd think.  The lamination and the fact you can't close the lid on a copier without it shifting b/c of its shape and how its folded means you're constantly getting portions of the page cut off of the copy.  (I know this b/c I tried your idea).  

I may just put them all in a mini binder and just know I have them.  I don't actually refer to them all that much thanks to the good EET notes / summary sheets.  

Back