PDF to booklet ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 38116

Reaction score
Is it legal to get a PDF you buy printed into a booklet ? I was planning to buy recommended ISA books for my PE controls exam but they are only available in PDF form !! Can I get them printed into booklet for my exam ?

Is it legal to get a PDF you buy printed into a booklet ? I was planning to buy recommended ISA books for my PE controls exam but they are only available in PDF form !! Can I get them printed into booklet for my exam ?
You need to check with the publisher.  Some allow you to print out, and others have privacy features built in where the computer wont allow you to print it. For example, ASCE offers numerous reference guides online that you can order print or PDF. When you get the PDF, you can print it and each page has a reference as to when it was downloaded and who was authorized to buy it. This allows the end user to print, but discourages mass reproduction as it will be clearly visible who downloaded it and distributed it. 

I agree with @youngmotivatedengineer. The EUA will tell you if it legal to change mediums for personal use. Are you actually concerned about getting sued by the publisher?

If you're asking only about PE (pencil/paper) exam rules; then all material you bring to the exam must be bound (by more than a simple staple).

Back