Control Systems PE Prep!?!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_fisher

Reaction score
Hello, I am an electrical engineer about to take the Control Systems PE Exam. 

I am looking for feedback from people who have taken the exam and can comment on what they used to study. 

Also, I have the PE Exam Systems Sample questions by Jagadeesh, and was wondering if thats a pretty accurate version of the exam. 

Any insight would be awesome, thanks!

Sorry for interrupting you guys ! Glad I found someone discussing Control PE exam.

I am currently a graduate student and thinking about giving the PE controls in North Carolina. Haven't registered yet ? 

I was wondering where you guys get your reference books from ? Like I was checking the ISA books but they were sold PDF !! Can I get them printed to booklet without any copyright problem!! So many questions but I haven't anyone who could help me answer some questions before I make my mind up :)

Thanks 

I just bought the PE Control Systems Sample questions book by Jagadeesh, I then bought the Liptak series books and several other books for the different sections to study off of. I have a book I bought for safety stuff, a book for Control System theory that goes over Laplace, stability tests, etc...

We will see how well that prepares me for October

Sorry for interrupting you guys ! Glad I found someone discussing Control PE exam.

I am currently a graduate student and thinking about giving the PE controls in North Carolina. Haven't registered yet ?

I was wondering where you guys get your reference books from ? Like I was checking the ISA books but they were sold PDF !! Can I get them printed to booklet without any copyright problem!! So many questions but I haven't anyone who could help me answer some questions before I make my mind up :)

Thanks
printing a copy of the PDF doesn't present a copyright issue, unless you give it away or sell it without sending royalties to the publisher and author. Be aware that it burns through about a ream of paper and about 2/3 of a laserjet toner cartridge to print it, (don't even try with an inkjet). You need to bind it if you want to take it as a reference to the exam, but I found it was awesome to use for study and once I'd worked through it, and tabbed all the important tables and equations, it was invaluable as an exam reference.

Back