Failed twice. Thinking of taking again. Please review my diagnostics

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phirra

Reaction score
Hello,

I took the PE-Civil-Structures test in October 2018 and April 2019.

For October test I could hardly study for 20 days and was sick on the exam day. Ended with a score of 48.

For April test , I prepared really well. Spent lot of time in going through resources I had and again ended with the same identical score of 48. 

I have attached two diagnostics. Kindly review and let me know how should I prepare this time.

These are the prepration material I hadused

Breadth : CERM, All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth,Indranil Goswami,

Breadth Practice Tests: civilpepractice,  NCEES practice test. 

Depth : SERM,Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Structural Problems  (glanced through it as most opined that it was way harder than test)

Depth Practice test: NCEES ,Civil and Structural Practice Problems ALI AKBARI, KOUROSH,

Kindly tell me what should I do different this time.
This time I am thinking to just go through EET notes  and solving  Practice problems from Lindberg.

2018.JPG2019.JPG

Hello,

I took the PE-Civil-Structures test in October 2018 and April 2019.

For October test I could hardly study for 20 days and was sick on the exam day. Ended with a score of 48.

For April test , I prepared really well. Spent lot of time in going through resources I had and again ended with the same identical score of 48. 

I have attached two diagnostics. Kindly review and let me know how should I prepare this time.

These are the prepration material I hadused

Breadth : CERM, All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth,Indranil Goswami,

Breadth Practice Tests: civilpepractice,  NCEES practice test. 

Depth : SERM,Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Structural Problems  (glanced through it as most opined that it was way harder than test)

Depth Practice test: NCEES ,Civil and Structural Practice Problems ALI AKBARI, KOUROSH,

Kindly tell me what should I do different this time.
This time I am thinking to just go through EET notes  and solving  Practice problems from Lindberg.

Bro or sis, 

You did all you could for the morning section, but you can build upon it. Alot of my peers and colleagues have told me to make sure to aim high for the morning section. Your goal is to make sure the morning section carries you. The breath is a lot of fundamentals and don't require heavy analysis. I'm not an expert on the structure depth, but I know you have to aim differently. From what I am seeing you are doing better on the topics you didn't do and vice versa from 2018/2019. I think it has to be with problems you haven't seen. Start studying earlier. It's July and I think you should start studying immediately for the October session or hold off until the April cycle and start studying now for the April cycle. A score of 48 is close. You are there. It is true that the six minute solutions handbook problems are completely harder than the test, but it gives you the principles that you will need to focus on. Keep your head up and don't let this drag you. I have failed three times and wouldn't change it for anything. Failure is when you don't try.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your insights. I am looking to just solve problems this time. The PE Civil Practice Problems  by Lindberg has tons of it and should iron-out any wrinkles I have in my prep. 

Back