Afternoon Lateral Forces - Bridges - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
dlegofan

Afternoon Lateral Forces - Bridges

Hey all! This is my first post here.

I'm studying for both the vertical and lateral portions of the SE. Does anyone have any tips or references for the afternoon portion of the lateral forces for bridges? It looks like there are barely any study materials out there for bridge engineers taking this exam.

I know EET does two full days of lectures on depth problems for bridge engineers. Not sure if that is helpful at all for you. 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, dlegofan said:

Hey all! This is my first post here.

I'm studying for both the vertical and lateral portions of the SE. Does anyone have any tips or references for the afternoon portion of the lateral forces for bridges? It looks like there are barely any study materials out there for bridge engineers taking this exam.

Even though I say my book is for "building engineers" it may be helpful to you. 

http://www.davidconnorse.com

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

David's book is useful.  What the best part is in my opinion is that it's shown the aashto code while massive is in a way nice and seriously all inclusive and as long as you can navigate through it, it becomes relatively straight forward to use.  I've busted mine into three separate binders.  

Binder 1 is index and chaps 1-4.

Binder 2 is chaps 5-9 which are the material specific chaps

Binder 3 are the other chapters.  So far I havent needed to go in and out of multiple binders.  I've also put copies of the load combinations and definitions in the front of each one.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Titleistguy said:

David's book is useful.  What the best part is in my opinion is that it's shown the aashto code while massive is in a way nice and seriously all inclusive and as long as you can navigate through it, it becomes relatively straight forward to use.  I've busted mine into three separate binders.  

Binder 1 is index and chaps 1-4.

Binder 2 is chaps 5-9 which are the material specific chaps

Binder 3 are the other chapters.  So far I havent needed to go in and out of multiple binders.  I've also put copies of the load combinations and definitions in the front of each one.  

Do what he is doing for AASHTO!

Also, if you find that you are always referring to something or needing a piece of info., put that in the front of all your binders.  For instance, I just had a simple sheet of paper at the front of all of my binders with rebar sizes and their areas. I knew all I needed to do was to look at the front of any binder to find that, if I needed it.  

• Like 1