CA Seismic & Surveying Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plainjane

Reaction score
best reference/study materials for california seismic and surveying exams?

im aware of hiner for seismic and mahallati for surveying but curious about others. 

Definitely EET for seismic. I took Hiner and failed. I probably wasn't the best student but I failed so bad I couldn't believe. EET is much better organized, gives you loooots of relevant problems, CBT tests that are very representative of the exam, they will give you everything you need for the exam, while with H you will need ASCE CBC manuals with you. Hiner only gives you 40 hrs to watch the videos which is enough but I always felt that pressure because I am a pause/replay kind of learner. And EET are very responsive and will always answer your questions super fast. Hands down EET for seismic.

I took CPESR for survey only because I didn't have much time to study so needed the shortest course and also was familiar with surveying at work so I am not much help here. 

Definitely EET for seismic. I took Hiner and failed. I probably wasn't the best student but I failed so bad I couldn't believe. EET is much better organized, gives you loooots of relevant problems, CBT tests that are very representative of the exam, they will give you everything you need for the exam, while with H you will need ASCE CBC manuals with you. Hiner only gives you 40 hrs to watch the videos which is enough but I always felt that pressure because I am a pause/replay kind of learner. And EET are very responsive and will always answer your questions super fast. Hands down EET for seismic.

I took CPESR for survey only because I didn't have much time to study so needed the shortest course and also was familiar with surveying at work so I am not much help here. 
Thanks! I'm more so looking for reference materials to take into the test - I already have a review course that's offered locally. Are EET/CPESR review courses or are they a PPI type of thing which makes references and study materials (manuals, books, etc.)?

Thanks! I'm more so looking for reference materials to take into the test - I already have a review course that's offered locally. Are EET/CPESR review courses or are they a PPI type of thing which makes references and study materials (manuals, books, etc.)?
EET is a course but they also sell their manual separately. Just their manual alone probably wouldn't have everything you need. When you sign up for a course they provide with additional documents with relevant information from different chapters of ASCE/CBC so although the manual has all of the equations and most of the MCQs (not all, there is also a separate book for that) you would need more stuff to add to that manual. 

http://www.eetusa.com/books/seismic-textbook

You can always email them and explain what you are looking for and they will tell you if they have what you need. 

CPESR is not the best reference material in my opinion. It's worth getting for their CBT tests but I found their manual incomplete and not very well organized. 

best reference/study materials for california seismic and surveying exams?

im aware of hiner for seismic and mahallati for surveying but curious about others. 
Didn't use anything more than those two. Try and get your hands on EET Seismic exam book, twas pretty helpful. 

image1 (1).jpeg Seismic book for sale please message if interested. Has all EET notes inside book

Back