• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SE Exam Study Materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal91

Reaction score
The following are all of the non-code books I used to study for this exam. I used no class, and passed both parts at the same time first try using only these books and the codes.

I'll sell any and all of them to whoever is interested. This is the most efficient way to take pass the exam - get to know the codes inside and out by using these practice resources.

Many of you don't need to spend thousands on a class, just do the practice/studying yourself and you can pass the exam using nothing but the codes themselves and these books.

These are all the latest and most expensive editions, in great condition, most with no markings, the others with barely any  :)

NCEES Structural Engineering Practice Exam. (current edition).  $30 (paid $50)

2015 IBC SEAOC Seismic Design Manual Vol. 1 - $50 (paid $75)

David Connors Bridge Problems for the SE Exam - 2nd Edition. $50 (paid $80)

PPI Structural Engineering Reference Manual - 9th edition.  $150 (paid $200)

PPI SE Structural Engineering Buildings Practice Exam - 5th edition.  $80 (paid $115)

PPI SE Structural Breadth Six Minute Problems - 6th edition.  $70 (paid $100)

PPI Structural Engineering Solved Problems - 7th edition. $80 (paid $110)

All together I paid $730 for these books, which is still less than half the cost of taking a class.

The total cost I'm selling these books for is $510, but if you buy all of them from me I'll sell them to you for $400. Doesn't get cheaper than that my friends.

If you are interested in any of them PM me.

Cal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back