How to interface wireless Temperature and humidity sensor with MS Azure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan

Reaction score
I have been working with Wireless Temperature and humidity sensor module to detect the temperature of machinery system used in industry but now we are trying to connect the system via internet cloud to store the embedded values of the temperature and humidity sensor. So I need some advice about what is the best way to interface it with microsoft  Azure. Any Leas will be a great help.

Thanx for the help in advance.

Hi Evan,

Like any cloud services, Azure let you create your VM machine like your own local host PC. First you could start out experimenting by interface to your local host server then deploy your solution to your cloud server. If your solution works in your local host setting, it will work on cloud setting.  It looks like the sensor is IoT supporting MQTT (Mosquitto) publish/subscribe protocol (ISO standard). If your host (local or VM cloud) is Linux then there are a lot of free s/w tools available with little programming effort to get you going. Take a look at python s/w tool set in this area. Normally you would spend more time configuring and learning about IoT service of the provider of your choice than doing it your own and your solution may not be portable between providers since each has their own ecosystem. If you are with company that buys IoT services from cloud provider then someone there in your company can set it up for you. Good luck.

I have been working with Wireless Temperature and humidity sensor module to detect the temperature of machinery system used in industry but now we are trying to connect the system via internet cloud to store the embedded values of the temperature and humidity sensor. So I need some advice about what is the best way to interface it with microsoft Azure. Any Leas will be a great help.

Thanx for the help in advance.
with HIH humidity and temperature sensor - Share - PCBWay you will learn a lot about the temperature sensor and humidity sensor integration. I have been doing a small research on your question and this is all I got.

You can interface a wireless Temperature and humidity sensor with Microsoft Azure in multiple ways. One way is to use the Cloud Function Lambda Service, which allows you to deploy and invoke code in the cloud as needed. This makes it easy to quickly create custom tasks or applications that take inputs from sensors and send output back into the system. You can use IoT Services for Windows 10 to establish connections between devices such as temperature sensors and weather stations, allowing them to be monitored remotely using Azure analytics tools.

Back